Chapter 10

(A/N yay 500 views!)

Telling Melle was a lot easier then I expected it just felt soooo I don't know, right.
When I finished my story, Melle had tears in his eyes. Yes, that's right a grown wolf an Alpha no less had tears in his eyes.

"Oh, Baby I'm so so sorry I should have been there I should have been able to protect you I should've-"

"No, Melle you didn't know me then and besides without all that I wouldn't be where I am today."

Wait did.... did he just call me Baby?!

He nods but still looks sad and guilty for some reason, dang if it wasn't for what I know I could really fall for this guy, but he is a werewolf and an Alpha plus he's the reason my best friend is a rogue which was the reason I met him, in the first place so in a way I guess he should feel kinds guilty and I shouldn't like him right? Right.

"Umm I know that was probably a lot to take in and I kinda ruined our date so I'd... I'd understand if you didn't want to you know go out again." My heart feels like it's being squeezed by an invisible hand. Why do I care? Probably because of all of the stress... yeah that it.

To my surprise he pulls me close to him in a firm yet gentle hug rocking me slightly it's strange but oddly comforting.

"Oh, Baby of course I wanna go out again and you didn't ruin the date." He pulls back away so we can see into each other's eyes "Hey it's not everyday you get to be James Bond on a first date right? I mean if anything you made it the best first date ever!"

"Really?"

"Yeah!" He pauses as if fighting with himself before continuing. "The only way it can get any better is if I get to kiss you."

Annnnd que the blush. Why does my face hate me, why?!

He chuckles softly "Sooo is that a yes then?"

I look up into his hopeful eyes fully intending to say no but when I opened my mouth that wasn't what came out.
Beaming like a kid on Christmas he leans over and softly brushes he's lips against mine sending electricity dancing to every nerve in my body. The kiss doesn't last long because right at that moment someone knocks on the door.

Melle pulls away reluctantly before walking over to the door jerking it open he growls at whoever stands there.

"What?!"

"Sorry Melle I tried linking you but you wouldn't answer."

"I wouldn't answer because I was busy."

"Sorry, but the ummm problem we discussed earlier has now become very important."

"Fine I'll be down in a minute."

He sighs as he turns to me "I'm sorry but I've got business to attend to."

"No worries but I really should get going..."

"No, I don't want you to go out without someone to protect you."

"Look I know your worried and I really appreciate it but I've got a very temperamental cat at home that does not like to go without dinner."

He sighs "Fine I'll have one of my friends take you back to the bakery to pick up your car but I want you to text me the minute you get home safely."

I roll my eyes "Yeah, sure dad."

"Amee, I'm serious if you don't text me I won't be able to sleep tonight."

"I'll be fine and besides I don't even know your number so how am I supposed to text you?"

He looks almost embarrassed as he punches in his number and hands me back my phone, I take his and do the same before he leads me down the stairs past the curious stares of his pack members to what I assume to be his office. There stands a good looking man who is fairly well built but not quite as well as Melle.
He bows his head as we enter and then his eyes become distant then he nods slightly.

"Meoquamee this is my best friend Truett, Truett this is my girlfriend Meoquamee

I blink, did... did he just say girlfriend?!

"Pleasure to meet you." The man Truett nods stiffly offering his hand to shake.

"Likewise I'm sure." I take his hand and Melle glares at it like it stole his candy bar

"True would you mind taking Amee back to pick up her car for me?"

"Sure, anything for my Lu-" he's cut off by Melle who clears his throat loudly. "My best friend girl." He finishes hurriedly.

Finally we dive up to the bakery and he waits to make sure I get in and my car starts before he leaves. Over protective? Maybe, but Melle is the Alpha so I can see where he'd want to make sure nothing happening to his girlfriend (Melle's words not mine, although I'm not complaining....)

Melle's POV

I rest my head in my hands as I hear the car start up and drive off, I hate that my mate isn't with me but maybe it is better if she leaves then I can deal with the rogues and send some trackers after the man from the restaurant.
That man... why couldn't I sense him? He's obviously a rogue, so why couldn't I smell him? The thought of him makes my wolf angry and I start to reply our conversation

"After high school my best friend was kicked out so we got an apartment together. The apartment wasn't exactly in the best part of town and didn't exactly have the nicest tenants." She takes a deep breath before continuing.

"I came to an agreement with the man who sort of ran the show see he wanted a girl he could show off without having to worry about her running of with someone who actually treated her decent, and I wanted my friend to be safe so I became his fake girlfriend in exchange for protection." I fight to keep my wolf down as I listen.

"After about a year, I couldn't take anymore so we packed up and snuck out one night during one of his party's when they were to drunk to notice. We lived under the radar so to speak afterwards moving from place to place until we thought they'd given up then, we moved back and until today hadn't seen or heard from them."

"Was he the man in the restaurant?"

She nods.

I think back to the claw marks on her abdomen, there were fresh cat scratches but there was also older scares like those left by a wolf's claw. I should have known! But if he used his claws on him then she must know about wolves and if that's the case why wouldn't she tell me he was were? Oh, right she doesn't know I'm were and probably thinks I wouldn't understand.

"Sooo I know this might be a touchy subject but who was the woman?"

She closes her eyes taking a deep breath before opening them and answering. "That was my cousin, Janie, she use to help us out but she started to change I guess you could blame her boyfriend as he was part of the group though I never met him, but I think it was more then that. She... she liked watching when Bram got angry at me so she'd do things on purpose. I wouldn't be surprised if she called him to tell him I was there with you." She rubs her forehead and sighs.

"But she warned you."

She shakes her head and gives a humorless laugh. "She always would do it that way, get me in trouble, warn me and watch as I ran and hid only to get caught. What she didn't count on is that this time I had you to help me."

I will make them pay for hurting my mate.