Chapter 4

Melle's POV

I'm at the bakery again her scent is all around me but as I stand there her scent begins fading until it disappeared completely.
I try desperately to find her.
I tare through the entire little shop but she and her scent are gone.
I feel tears running down my face and I can hear Truett's voice...

"You rejected her because of someone else's prejudice against her race, and now she's gone forever."

Then I hear my wolf howling sadly, then I'm surrounded by rogues snapping and growing I try to shift but my wolf refuses.

"You rejected her, so why should I help you? If I can't have my mate then I don't care if we live or die."

Then the rogues attack I howl in pain as I'm thrown to the ground and a rogue steps over me I feel his hot breath and know he's going to kill me I close my eyes and wait.

I sit bolt upright panting. It takes me a minute to calm down enough to realize I'm still in my room and very much alive.
I run my fingers through my hair and decide I have to go back, I have to find her again, if I don't I'll never be able to sleep again and a sleep deprived Alpha who can't shift is never a good thing. It's for the good of the pack I tell myself as I get up from my sweaty sheets and head to the bathroom.
If I'm going to find her I at least want to look presentable.

--------------

The bell rings over the door reminding me of my visit the day before.
Somethings wrong her scent wasn't waiting for me outside like yesterday and although after opening the door I'm hit by various delicious scents my mate's is not one of them.

A man sits behind the register with an extremely annoyed look on his face.

"How can I help you Sir?"

"Uhhh, I'm looking for my umm my friend"

"Well you can wait but you'll have to order something."

"She works here-" the man cuts me off before I can finnish.

"You shouldn't wast you time with a bimbo like her she's ain't worth a plug nickel"

I can feel my wolf fighting to take control

"She ain't nothin' but low class trash and you should wise up and dump her sorry butt before your so-called friendship goes any further."

"That's it he's dead" my wolf growls just as I jump up ready to attack I catch a whiff of that addictive fragrance, and I know she's near!
The door swings open and in walks my mate.

Meoquamee's POV

As I walk up to the bakery I can't help but smile because I think I can smell the man from yesterday, Melle.
I sigh for some reason I can't help but think about him, even though Kilala warned me I can't help but hope he comes back.

I'm late but you know what I don't care let him fire me.
As I swing open the front door I gasp as I see the Melle, he's towering over Mr. Adams and I can tell he's losing control.

He's golden eyes meet mine and I turn to run but before I can get more than a few steps I feel strong arms encircle my waist and I'm pulled backwards. I give a small out cry as I feel the most amazing shocks where his arms are. But I remember Kilala's warning and fight harder.

He turns me so I'm facing him ignoring my struggles, and rest his head in the bend of my neck inhaling deeply.

"Stop that, let me go!" He ignores me and continues to inhale my scent
Man, what's this guy made of iron! His grip is unbreakable, but you know I really don't mind. Being this close to him feels really good.

WHAT AM I SAYING?! I cannot like this guy he's no good. Kilala said so, and she's never lied to me before. She's said he's cruel and cold hearted, has no Conscience and he hates humans, but him holding me like this doesn't do much to back up her claims

I wanted to stop struggling and let him hold me, but my loyalty to Kilala was too strong to allow that, and besides, he is still a stranger even if he smells wonderful and looks like Mr. Universe.

"Let me go you, you oversized teddy bear!" Okay, I really need to learn some better insults.

Melle begins to chuckling and I can feel his smirk against my neck, this only fuels my attempts to break free.

(A/N Please give me some feed back 'cause I'm starting to wonder if I should continue or just delete it completely.)