Chapter 22

The picture is of Luna Adelaide

Melle's POV

I am an idiot.

How could I have lost my temper like that? What was I thinking, just because of my stupid pride I had now lost Amee as my girlfriend and managed to insult her all in one conversation.

I felt my stomach knott at the thought of losing my beautiful mate, how could I be so stupid? Every time I close my eyes I see her with tears running down her beautiful face. Of course I know this is just an image my wolf is projecting trying (and succeeding) to make me feel guilty about insulting our mate, but the thing is it feels so real.

I sigh desperately wishing sleep to come and comfort me however even it manages to evade me. Finally I give up and head to my office to catch up on some paperwork, ignoring the fact my mates smell is still prominent and the kitchens light is still shining dimly under the door.

My wolf wants me to go back in and beg her on my hands and knees for forgiveness, beg her not to break up with us but I won't allow myself to do such a thing. It is she who must come to me on her hands and knees begging me for my forgiveness begging me to mark her as mine and until then she is nothing more then the pack's human Omega.

But could I really survive without her, could I really ignore her? I don't think so but if I don't I will be weak and I can't allow that to happen. I'm so confused, maybe I should get a snack, sometimes eating helps my brain work better. I'll link Amee as an Omega it's her duty to serve higher ranking wolves such as myself.

My wolf smirks "you want to see her as much as I do."

"Do not."

"Do to."

"Do not."

"Do not."

"Do to."

"Ha, you admit it."

"No fair that's cheating!"

"Oh grow up will you, I swear you sometimes you act like a three year old"

"Oh yeah, well you have dog breath so there."

He whines "Take that back."

"Not unless you take back what you said about me acting like a pup."

He huffs "Fine I take it back even if it is true."

"Good enough, I take back what I said you don't have dog breath."

Huffing he blocks me out, I glance at the clock to my great surprise it reads, five-forty five. At least I won't be alone much longer soon everyone will be up and I can talk to Truett he always seems to have good advice to give me.

Meoquamee's POV

I feel my self shaking and hear someone calling my name, but I ignore it it's to nice here on this comfortable floor.... wait floor? Why am I on the floor?

I slowly and reluctantly peel my eyes open and glance around. I'm in the kitchen, on the floor huddled against the refrigerator. But why? What happened last night?

Unexpectedly I feel a hand on my shoulder causing me to jump slightly in surprise. When I look up I'm meet by Beta Truett's worried expression.

"Amee, Amee can you hear me? Please, Amee please answer me!"

"I'm fine Beta."

I try to stand and am instantly reminded of yesterday's events. I whimper slightly as pain shoots through my body, ignoring it best I can I stand up. I think I would have liked being unconscious for a few more hours although by the light coming in through the windows I probably would've missed breakfast, which would've resulted in a punishment when I did finally wake up so I guess in the long run waking up now was probably best. I'm pulled out of my thoughts and into a bear hug.