¥ Twenty-Two ¥

'For There Is Nothing Hid, Which Shall Not Be Manifested; Neither Was Any Thing Kept Secret, But That It Should Come Abroad.'  - Mark 4:22

La'Kyrie In Media. 

                     | La'Kyrie |

"You good or did you want some more?" Jakari asked me.

"I'm full. Thank you." I told him.

We had just came from getting something to eat. I wasn't sleepy anymore so we decided to come to the beach for a little bit.

"You miss your family?" He asked me.

I chewed my bottom lip in thought as we walked side by side in the sand. I had my sandals in my right hand as we walked. It was around 1:00 a.m. and the beach was mostly empty which left it peaceful.

"I think about my parents everyday. You still have yet to tell me why you took me from them." I replied as I looked up at him.

He avoided my gaze and sighed looking straight ahead. I occupied myself with the feeling of the sand running between my toes as I awaited his response. This moment made me miss my home and parents so much more. Seeing as I lived in Florida, being at the beach was my second home.

"You know I used to hate being hurt when I was younger. The feeling you get in your chest, that throbbing ache." He said.

I looked back up at him and he was still looking ahead like I wasn't next to him and he was by himself. Just as I was about to say something about him changing the subject he spoke up again.

"La'Kyrie the last thing I wanna do is hurt you more than I already have. If I tell you the reason why I kidnapped you, it would crush you and you would deny it." He said finally looking down at me.

My head immediately started shaking no before I had even spoke.

"No, I'm ready." I said looking up at him with pleading eyes.

Whatever he has to say I'm all ears for. It's been about two months since I last seen my parents, heard their voices. Even though it may hurt I need to know so I can go back to them. Or find them wherever they are. I can't imagine life without my parents and even though Jakari treats me better than what I expect other kidnapper's do, this is just temporary.

We came to a halt and he looked like he was thinking. I moved my feet around in the sand and breathed in the salt water smell from the water.

"Promise you won't hate me." He said looking at me with careful eyes.

I wanna promise him but I know if he had something to do with my parent's disappearance then I would have to go back on it. Nonetheless I decided to promise hoping for the best outcome.

"I promise." I said my voice coming out soft-like.

Without another word he sat down right where we were standing. I followed suit, pulling my leggings up so the tide wouldn't get them wet.

"Okay first off what do you think I am?" He asked looking at me intently.

"Human." I replied.

He closed his eyes and sucked his teeth. He opened them again and gave me a look of annoyance.

"No, I'm talking about what would you label me as? What is it you think I do?" He asked.

It didn't take long for the answer to pop out.

"Kidnap girls." I said looking at him.

His demeanor changed to humorous.