¥ Three ¥

'Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.' - Aleph Paulo Coelh

La'Kyrie In Media.

                              | La'Kyrie |

I sat in my seat feeling nervous. I was two people away from being called on. Today is Thursday, the day my English final is due. As a part of the final we have to read an excerpt of our essay in front of the class.

Its not that I don't like talking in front of people. I'm not shy but in this case I'm letting everybody in on my thoughts and I'm not completely comfortable with it. I tapped my foot as the blonde hair boy rambled on.

I know it's rude to not listen, but do I care? No, no I don't. My nerves grew as people clapped and he walked back to his desk.

"Good job Jeremiah." Mr. Hayes said.

He was looking fine today with his Polo button down light pink shirt and black slacks. His dreads were braided down his back today and I liked the style on him. I was brought out of my staring as a girl began to read.

"Love is feeling happy all the time. It's having butteflies in your stomach and cheesing so hard you cheek bones might break. It's wanting to give that person the world and wanting to be with them forever." She recited.

I sucked my teeth. Her essay is so dam cliche. Like how could she write this and not stop to think how dumb it sounds. She sounds like she's writing about a twelve year olds crush. It's her grade though, not mine. She finally finished and I cluthched my paper tightly in my hands.

"La'Kyrie, you're up." Mr. Hayes said.

I stood up feeling everyone's eyes on me. He would make me last.

"I saved the best for last." he said with a friendly wink.

I gasped not realizing I had said that out loud.

"Well you know me." I said playfully being cocky.

We laughed and I turned to look at the class. Some girls were mugging me seeing Mr. Hayes and I joke. That's their problem that he doesn't like teenage girls constantly throwing themselves at him when he's a teacher. I cleared my throat feeling the nervousness come back.

"What is love you ask. Well let me tell you what my definition of love is. For starters love comes in many different forms. Love can be the look in a mothers eye's as she looks at her new born baby for the first time. Love can be having a friendship with an unbrekable bond. Love can be simply praising God. If we're talking about love between a man and a woman, let me express my definiton on love to you all. Love is giving someone the power to destroy you and trusting them not to. It's putting somebody's happiness before your own no matter the sacrifice. Wethering the storm through all the trials and tribulations and still being able to say you love that person and you're not going anywhere. To put your life, trust, and heart into that person's hand and not think twice about it." I said finishing.

I looked around the room nervous as everyone remained quiet. Suddleny everybody stood up and started clapping. I was shocked as I received a standing ovation.

"Girl that was deep as fuck. You better, you better." some boy said.

I stifled a laugh and said thank you. I handed my paper to Mr. Hayes who was beaming at me. I sat back down in my seat still feeling a little self concious.

"La'Kyrie, that was a beautiful piece. Definitely worth the wait and I can't wait to read the rest." Mr. Hayes said.

"Thank you." I said as the bell rang.

I gathered my stuff and headed into the hallway. I was walking to my next class calculus, when I overheard a boy behind me.

"Bro look at her trying to rock that fake Versace." The voice said followed by laughter.

I looked down at my black Versace shirt and Versace jean overalls. On my feet were silver Versace sandals that had a belt aroud my big toe. I wore on my shoulder a black and silver Versace purse. He clearly had to be speaking about me. I turned around to look at the boy.

"Excuse me, are you talking about me?" I asked for confirmation.

He stopped talking to his friend and looked at me. He laughed before answering me.

"Yeah, I mean why would you play yourself like that knowing someone was gonna say something about it being fake." he said.

By now a crowd had gathered and I felt my smile fade.

"For starters my clothes, sandals, and purse aren't fake." I said.

I pointed to everything as I spoke. I grabbed my car keys out of my purse and hit the unlock button. I pointed to the window as my car made a sound.

"Now if you'll look out the window you see that car making the noise and the headlights coming on." I said.

Everybody looked including him.

"Yeah that's my lambo and the car notes someone would have to pay on that costs more than your mother's rent." I said.

I took a dramatic pause before continuing.

"Not that I pay car notes because everything I have I own. Unlike you since your girl be thotting around." I said.

Everybody started saying "oooh' and 'you shouldn't have fucked with her'. I just walked off once again amused by these boys. Why try to down a girl and you're a guy? That's female tendencies in my opinion.

"That's why you a hoe." he shouted.

I laughed not turning around. He had to be desperate for a come back.

"Kinda hard to be that when I'm a virgin but you should ask these boys about your girl, they know." I said turning the corner.

Now I'm going to be late to class because of ignorant people.

>>>>>>>>

I stretched waking up from the nap I just took. All my finals are complete and I graduate tomorrow. In other words I'm completely exauhsted so I took a nap as soon as I came in. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Daddy!" I yelled.

I tackled him into a huge hug. He's been gone at a out of state meeting for the past week. I missed him. He grabbed me in a bear hug lifting me off of the ground easily. He put me back down and kissed my forehead.

"I missed you baby girl." he said smiling.

"I missed you too daddy. I didn't know you were coming back today." I said.

"Of course sweet pea. You're graduating tomorrow. You didn't think I was gonna miss that did you?" he asked.

I shook my head no. My dad is tall and light skin with dark brown eyes. He has neat black waves. My parents are both attractive. We went to sit down in the living room.

"You wanna get on my Snapchat with me?" He asked me.

I looked at him shocked.

"You know what that is and you have one?" I asked.

He laughed before answering.

"Yes. I'm not that old." He said pulling out his phone.

"Dad you're thirty six." I said.

"Andddd, come on lets see what kinda effects they got today." He said forcing me to take part in this.

I laughed and scooted closer to him so I was in the camera too. That's how the rest of my night was spent. With my dad just being goofy.

|She Snapped On That Boy .|
|Again Was She Wrong ?|
|Excuse Any Mistakes . |
|Vote & Comment Please ! |

#Sha'sProductions ✍🏾✨