I At Least Tried...?

~Age 18~
"Aphamu!" An annoying voice yelled in my ear.

Oh I guess I fell asleep reading.

"Aphmau!" The voice yelled again.

I looked up.

"What?" I questioned looking at one of my girl friends named Sofia. She had light brown hair that was wavy and medium length, she also only wore green. I guess every girl has their color.

"You have to wake up!" She said all cheerful. "You fell asleep reading and eating again! Too much eggs and pepper for you!" She again said too cheerfully.

"Yeah, yeah, nothing new. So why'd you wake me up this time?" I questioned.

"Your going on a date with Lucas, remember?"

"Yeah, huh, now let me get just 5 more minutes of sleep. I don't feel well." I said. I actually have a major craving for some blood. She better get out of here before I start devouring her for breakfast.

"So I'll tell him you said yes?" She questioned.

"Yep. Now go before..."

"Before what?" She questioned.

"Uh... Before I uh... Bore you to death..." More like feed on you dry.

"You already have, so whatever. See ya!" She said.

"Yeah bye." I said before putting my head back in my arms.

I don't wanna feed, can't I just-

I felt like throwing up...

"No Aphmau! Keep yourself together!" I yelled at myself.

I stood up and quickly took out my contacts. I threw on a black leather jacket, and last of all all black sneakers. I don't want to be noticeable in the woods, and I can't see well with colored contacts.

I ran out my backdoor, which I had been placed right outside of a forest. I ran into the forest. Which was known for deers. I quickly smelled one, and ran. I twisted it's neck and bit into it. Humans still taste better... Ewe! I finished it off, and quickly cleaned rid of the blood on my jacket. I ran back to my house.

Huh, what should I wear to this "date"? How about... A white v-neck blouse and jeans. Also with black sneakers and my hair up.

I quickly put on the outfit and went I the bathroom to put on some makeup and do my hair.

I let my hair down, except a small braid down my right side of my bangs. I put a little concealer, powder, and mascara.

Wait a moment... Did we ever specify the time we're going?

Nope!

This is why I needed my sleep Sofia!

I mean I slept unit two in the afternoon, so he might pick me up around four. That means...

He'll be her in 10!

Okay... Okay... Okay... I'm a little worried... Or a lot... What I do on a date? Cause I don't kiss first date. (Leave out Laurence and I's date).

It's one thing to love someone, it's another to not.

I don't love him because I know what love feels like, and with him I just don't feel it. He's nice and all but he's more like a fake brother. Other people would just call it replacement. To be honest, I don't know if he likes the Aphmau he see's on the outside, or likes me for me.

Let's give this another thought.

He may not even like me.

You know what?

I don't know Aphmau! What?

I'll go with that idea that he may not even like me.

While I was dazed out by my thoughts, someone was knocking on my door.

"Hey Aphmau!" Lucas said happily.

"Hey Lucas! How are you?" I questioned putting my "people interactive" face on. Yes I have more then one "face".

"Doing splendid, how are you?" He questioned.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." I replied.

"So... Wanna go out to eat at the new restaurant?" He questioned.

"Sure. Lead the way." I directed.

We left to the restaurant. He tried to hold my hand but I sort of... Um.... Denied.

After that it got awkward. I can't tell if it was just that I smelt someone familiar near here, or that were on a date.

We ate dinner and had a small conversation. Afterwords he walked me home about halfway saying he had to see Sofia. Odd. 

I decided to follow the scent of the familiar smell.

And you know who it led me to...?