The New Me

~Age 18~
It's been three years since I ran away. I'm now 18. I cut my hair to about my shoulders and dyed it brown. I wear purple contacts just in case someone recognized me. I also changed how I dress. I never wear any purple, other than my contacts, I only wear grey or white, and always wear jeans and sneakers. I now live in a village called Knightinghas. I live alone in a small wooden cottage. I've met several people who are my "new" friends. It's not the same though. I'm not close to them like I was with everyone else several years ago. The only thing I didn't change about me, was my name. I'm still Aphmau. But when I look in the mirror I'm a familiar stranger. A loud knock appeared at my door.

I ran over to it an opened it.

"Hey Aphmau!" Lucas said. (One of my new friends).

"Hey Lucas, what brings you here today?" I questioned letting him come inside.

"Well I wanted to ask you something." He said.

"And what might that be?" I questioned leaning on the wall.

"I uh... Was wondering... If you uh... Go out to dinner with me?" He questioned.

Now this took me by shock.

"Like a date?" I questioned hoping he wouldn't say yes.

"Well... Yeah... I was hoping..." He said.

"Let me think about that. I tell you tomorrow." I said.

He made his way to the door again and waved goodbye.

I sighed.

I can't go on a date, it's too soon. Even though it's been 3 whole years I can't get over him. But Aphmau it's time to get over him and move on. Go have a date with Lucas, have some fun! Plus he's probably already dating again. You could have had him, but you ran away, you broke a promise not to leave, now you have to pay the consequences and move on.

Okay so I should go on that date. No I will go on that date. I need to try something different. Plus he's a decent guy, with oddly red hair. I can never take him seriously when he wears those really big goofy sunglasses he likes. He's like a kid version of Travis...

Well enough said about that, I'm starving.

I "ran" over to the kitchen and put down a bowl, eggs, a plate, and a fork and spoon. I cracked the eggs and stirred them in a bowl. I put them in the pan that was already on top of the stove. I let it sit there for a minute. I walked to the table and set out the silverware. I heard a sizzling noise come from the stove!

Of course I burned the eggs.

I quickly removed them from the pan and turned off the oven. I had the heat to high, geez. This reminds me of a time...

Stop!

I put a lot of pepper on.

Too much! Why do I keep putting on too much pepper?

Ugh!

I sat down at the table and pulled out "Midnight" book ten. This would be my 21st time reading this series in the past three years. 

Somehow I'm not bored of it,

Maybe it reminds of a while ago...

"Aphmau? Your my Nutella Swan..."