Not Much Time

Hey! I changed up the last chapter a little bit, so instead of the Horsemen arriving to the Science Center at 11:15 and Tom's shift ending at noon, they arrived at 4:15 and Tom's shift ended at 5. I remembered it was dark when Danny went to the market, and in December the sun normally goes down at 5 in December, so yeah.

~YOUR P.O.V.~

As the 4 of you left the Science Center, Jack pulled out his wallet, and pulled the stick out of the secret pocket. He waited for you to stand in front of the empty space between him and Danny, so he could pass Danny the card. You and Jack got into the second car behind Marritt and Danny. As the cars took off, you watched out the window, and listened to the driver speak Mandarin over the phone. 

You felt like Jack was staring at you, so you looked at him. He quickly looked away. "What?" you asked him.

"Nothing."

"Mhm, suuuure it was nothing," you replied sarcastically.

"But hey," he looked at you again. "We did it."

"We did," you said happily.

"I haven't been so nervous in a long time."

"Lemme guess, the last time you were this nervous was on the bridge in the FBI car."

He laughed, and nodded. 

You looked out the window, as the sun started to set. 

"Sun's setting already?" Jack asked, as he looked out the window. 

"It's winter, the sun goes down earlier in the northern hemisphere during winter," you said. You felt as if Jack had underestimated your intelligence, because when you looked at him, he looked impressed. "Did you underestimate my intelligence, Jack?" you asked.

"A little bit," he answered. "When you said you ran away from home without finishing high school, I didn't think you'd remember that much."

"Well, the little show inside about the 2nd law of thermodynamics I did a lot of research for yesterday. As for the whole sunset thing, everyone should know that."

About 15 minutes later, the cars pulled up in front of the market, and Jack opened his door, and you 2 slid out of the door. You walked over to Danny and Marritt, who were waiting by the front door. "Alright, I'll go in through the front door, you guys wait for me at the back door, I'll be back there in about 15 minutes," he told you, Jack, and Marritt. You were quite disgusted with what he said, but before you could protest, he walked through the door. 

You, Marritt, and Jack walked to the back door in the alleyway on the right of the market. "Why do you take his bullshit?" you asked them.

"What other choice do we have?" Jack asked. "He's the only thing we have that we could consider a leader."

"Well, not anymore. If my math is correct, Dylan is in that market as we speak."

"What? How does he know where we are?" Marritt asked.

"Last night. When you, Danny, and Walter were smoking, drinking, and looking over the edge of the building with binoculars I snuck down the the main desk and called him."

"Good Lord," Marritt muttered. 

You looked down, and noticed you were still holding your bra under your coat. "I'll be right back," you told them, and you turned and walked away. You ducked behind a dumpster that was just as tall as you and put the bra back on. You walked back to them a minute later.

"What was that about?" Jack asked. 

"Had to put my bra back on," you replied. You watched Jack turn a light shade of pink, and he looked down.

"Well, why'd you have to do that?" Marritt asked. 

"Well it'd look weird if I was just walking around with a bra in my hand, now wouldn't it?"

No one said anything. 

"I thought so," you finished.

You waited for Danny. And waited. And waited. After 10 minutes, he still didn't show. "How long has it been?" you asked.

Jack looked at his watch. "About 15 minutes. Should I go look for him?"

"Give him 3 more minutes," you answered. "And if so, we should all go and split up, we'll find him quicker."

About a minute later, you heard a voice from around the corner. "I'm here."

You looked, and saw Danny turn the corner, stick in hand. "What happened?"

"Dylan was there. So was Walter, he pretended to be The Eye on the phone. When I went to get the stick to Walter, Dylan tackled me, and took the stick."

"Wait, so how do you have it now?" Marritt asked.

"Dylan slipped in my pocket before shoving me out another exit. How did he know we were here?"

"I told him," you answered. 

"You what?!?!"

"Yeah, I told him because I didn't want him to be worried about us! I also told him about the deal you made and how you thought you were our leader well guess what you're not!! You've got to big of an ego to not even be able to think of the well-being of your fellow teammates!"

There was silence for a second. "C'mon, let's go," Jack said eventually. 

The 4 of you started walking down the alley back to the street. Marritt walked next to you, while Jack and Danny walked a few feet behind you. "I'm impressed," he whispered. "You're a pretty brave person."

"Thanks."

As you got to the end of the alley, you held your arm out, and stopped at the sight. "What's going on?" Jack asked.

There was a truck in front of the magic store, and 3 black suburbans behind it. The front suburban's door opened, and a large man shoved another unconscious man(you were pretty sure) through the door, and closed the door. "Dylan," you whispered.

"That's Lionel Shrike's safe," Jack said. The truck was loading the green safe onto the back. "Wonder what they want with it."

"Yeah, but they have Dylan."

"What?!?!" Danny exclaimed.

"I'm pretty sure, I just saw them stuff someone in 1 of the suburbans."

"We gotta follow them," Jack said. "We don't have much time."

"Hang in there, Dylan," you muttered. Then you got an idea. You took off your shoes, and handed them to Marritt. "I've got an idea. Follow me."

"What're you doing?" Marritt asked, as you ran back down the alley. 

You ran down a side-alley that had a staircase to the roof of the market. "All of the roofs of the city connect somehow, I saw the blueprints online," you explained. If we stay on the roofs, we can follow the trucks to wherever they're headed."

"I hope this works," Danny said.

"So do I," you answered flatly.