Chapter 33

It was a very windy afternoon.
Halley stepped out of the carriage, that stopped in front of Madame Crystal's dress shop. One hand rested firmly on her beige colored bonnet, preventing it from being stolen by the beastly wind. Despite the quietness of the town, people were seen rushing about here and there, desperately trying to reached their destination. With A pensive frown of the brows. Halley cast her eyes to the cloudy sky. Could it be because of the weather?

"Jennifer does it seems likely to rain any moment? " Jennifer who had just climb out the carriage, clutched her shawl tightly around her shivering body. Her blond curls swaying in the late October air.

" Indeed it does." How drastically the weather had changed. " should we returned back? "

They had only just arrived. It would be a waste of time if they turned back, now." We can handle a little weather, can't we?" She give Jennifer a warm smile.

The modiste had scurried towards them with an undescribable sparkle in her eyes. It's like she had just seen Gold miraculously appeared in her shop. The board smile that had kept plastered across her face had slowly vanished when Lady Cummings informed the thin Lady that they came to purchased as many beautiful dresses that the madame could find. Its as if the woman's adrenaline had increased abnormally. Halley had giggled, when Madame Crystal started shouting frantically at her two young seamstress in her American accent.

The dress was breathtaking. Halley swept her hands over the third dress she had slipped into that evening. It was a beautiful white gown with pink silk ribbons streaming along its edges, the vast layers of cloth added to its beauty giving it a wonderful floaty feeling. Halley felt like a princess.

" What do you think about this one?" She continue to swept her hands over the gown, smoothing the wrinkles as she twisted and turned in front of the huge Mirror.

" Oh Halley! " Jennifer placed the ribbons she was admiring back on the counter and approached her. " you look lovely!"

" Do you think Joshua would Like it!" She met Jennifer's gaze in the mirror with a smile.

"Of course he would!" She trace her hands along the fine material. " this dress is breathtaking! "

" Lady Fisher! " Madame Crystal entered the room with her two seamstress tailing behind her, each of their hands filled with beautiful gowns. " I have the perfect dress to match those gorgeous brown eyes of yours " she snapped her fingers and one of the young seamstress stepped forward and shook opened a beige silk beaded gown.

Halley and Jennifer gasped at the most beautiful dress there eyes had ever beheld. " Don't worry countess, we have one for you as well" the other seamstress stepped forward. Jennifer blinked and clapped her hands over her breast. " Oh good heavens! You have just made my day better!"

" These dresses were made for a princess but she didn't like the colors she was more into pink. Now countess it's your turn to dress!"

" I--i don't think I could afford such a dress David would go insane!" She breathed in disbelief, as the ladies began to strip her dress off her body. She wanted so badly to get into that dress but fear she would rip it or worst run out of the store with it on and never returned. Is this dress cursed? In less than a minute it had her thinking like a criminal!

" Ha!" Halley shouted, waving a dismissive hand at Jennifer. " I'll pay for the dress besides my husband has more money than he could spend." She grinned, its not like her to be blunt about her husband's wealth, but times like these called for it.

" Well, I can't argue with you about that, can't I? Lady Cummings pursed her lips as if contemplating some thought of importance. " Do you have more dresses like this one?" Her arms slipped into the fine sleeves of the gown, that fitted her perfectly. It's as if the dress was made specially for her.