Chapter 32

Halley was slowly driving him crazy, Joshua acknowledged. It had been two days since Joshua had seen or heard from his wife. She moved out of their bedchamber and was now stubbornly living in her previous chamber. He tried to coax her many times to listen. But he only made things worst. She locked him out in his own home. Even the dog had the privilege to enter her bedchamber. His lips pursed into a thin line. Wasn't it enough that he had agreed to her ridiculous request for privacy? Did she had to treat him so badly? Of course, she was Halley. She thought he was unfaithful and was reacting, like any other wife would? But This was going to far. Dammit! Didn't she know he missed her!

"Joshua what's going on?" The question made Joshua place the bottle of whiskey, he had just lifted to pour into two vacant glasses back on the table. " I know you didn't send a footman in such a haste to bring me an my wife here to request that she took Halley Shopping today."

Joshua was desperate. He needed to get Halley out of that chamber. The only reminder he had that she was indeed still inside was the tray of food, frequently delivered by her maid. At least she had a bloody appetite!

"Joshua" David repeated, sternly.

"I couldn't control my emotions David" He inhaled sharply.

"Emotions?" His eyebrows creased. "Joshua, for the entire morning you haven't been making any sense."

" It's because of her. Dammit! I shouldn't be discussing this with you......I love her David I'm in love with my wife. After what happened with my mother,I tried so hard never to let myself be trapped in that position ever again. This vulnerability...... That's why I never had long relationships because I was a coward. I fear that they would one day leave me like she did god knows I couldn't endure such pain again" Joshua remembered the sleepless nights, the loss of appetite resulting in him bedridden for days. He was a total mess. He was even contemplating suicide once.

With shaken hands he filled a glass of whiskey and retired to the edge of a vacant sofa. " then I meet Halley. I hated her; god how I tired to hate her " he took a gulp of his whiskey. " I tried hating her. the first time I saw her I knew she would different from the other ladies. She was so beautiful. " he whispered, staring at the suddenly attracted floor. " I thought she was my father's wife" he make a sound between a laughter and a sob. " I was already making excuses, not to get to close to her. I love her so much, once I got her in my arms-- I couldn't--" he rubbed his glass against his forehead as he repeated the words.

David who had been listening attentively, joined his friend on the couch rested an reassuring hand on his shoulder. He felt this sympathetic wave of emotions wash over him. Joshua had the worst childhood amongst the three of them. Truth, they all lost parents at young age but they didn't watch it happened neither did they got the opportunity to build such a special bond. " You shouldn't be telling me this Joshua. It should be your wife. I know she loves you" Joshua turned to face his friend. " What's not to love? You got the gorgeous most captivating blue eyes, long unbelievable silky smooth hair. You got the complete package. "

Joshua's eyes sparkle with amusement. " God, I hope you aren't going to kiss me?"

" I'm sorry Darling but you're not blond" laughter echoed throughout the study, upon realizing they sound so much like Jake.

Joshua took a handkerchief and swept it over his face. He had been sobbing like a bitch. " Heavens I feel like a woman. I have to go work tomorrow and crush a couple bricks to feel masculine again."

David chuckled. " Come on give me that, " he took the glass from Joshua's hand. You my friend need to have a conversation with your wife. "

"She doesn't want to talk to me. She hates me David" he run his hands through his hair, walk causally to stare out the Window. " she thinks I have been unfaithful. "