She gritted her teeth as the weight of Snape's body sent pain shooting through her. He focused his attention on the lock of hair, and his right hand reached under his robes. His arm jerked in rapid motions for a few seconds. She could feel his hand bumping her lower abdomen. She searched his face looking for some kind of comfort, but his eyes were fixed on the lock of hair. He moved lower, placing himself between her legs. He searched unsuccessfully before entering her. She felt searing pain as he carefully penetrated her. Her eyes watered from the pain and the tears ran down the sides of her face. He began pushing slowly, but quickly became overwhelmed and thrust faster and more deeply.

He grunted as his body shuddered. It took him only seconds, but the agony Lindsay felt made it seem like an eternity. He raised his head a little, and she could see the expression on his face. The look was fleeting, but it strongly resembled surprise and quickly turned to shame. When Snape realized that she was watching him, his face instantly hardened into a dead-eyed, unreadable, marble-white mask. He climbed off of her--his robes obscuring the doorway once again--and grabbed her arm, pulling her roughly to her feet. "Get dressed and stay here until I come for you." He turned and left the room, slamming the door behind him.

Yaxley stopped Snape as he exited the room and whispered in his ear, "You didn't give us much of a show, Severus. I didn't see a thing."

"You'll have to use your imagination," said Snape.

"You're no fun at all."

"Finished so soon?" said Voldemort. A chorus of barely stifled laughs came from the Death Eaters standing around him. "Well, no matter. Does she please you?"

"Very much, my Lord," replied Snape.

"Excellent." Voldemort stared menacingly into Snape's eyes for several seconds, looking much like a cat ready to pounce on an unsuspecting mouse. Snape stood passively; his face was a white mask and the dark tunnels that were his eyes seemed endless. Voldemort smiled abruptly and turned to test one of his other servants. The remaining Death Eaters were eyeing Snape suspiciously. Lucius looked cool as always.

Lindsay was trembling so badly that it made dressing very difficult. It seemed to take forever to get her clothes back on; bra and shoes were the most difficult items to get on. Her body refused to do what she wanted. Fine motor skills were the most strongly affected. A small clump of Snape's greasy hair clung to her fingers. She stuffed it into the pocket of her jeans for fear that the Death Eaters might see it and punish her for it. She sat on the floor at the opposite end of the room from the chaise lounge. Her eyes lingered on the blood spatters soaking into the fine expensive fabric. She wondered how long it would take Snape to get back to her, and if he'd kill her, or torture her, or both. Sirius' warning rang in her ears, but she remembered Remus' words too. She was too frazzled and in too much pain to think clearly. All she wanted to do was crawl in bed and sleep the rest of her life away.

At last, the door slowly opened and dim gray light poured into the room. The room Voldemort occupied was deathly silent. Lindsay picked her head up from her knees and realized that she must've dozed off. A black-clad figure moved quickly and gracefully toward her, grabbed her arm, and pulled her to her feet. A pair of glittering black eyes glared into her exhausted blue ones. Snape raised his wand slowly, and he appeared to wink at her. She didn't trust her hazy vision and thought that she'd imagined it, or perhaps he'd twitched, but then he did it again.

"Obliviate," said Snape, but nothing actually happened. She saw the word 'relax' appear very clearly in her mind, and it was in Snape's spiky handwriting. He was taking a great chance communicating with her in such a way. If Voldemort looked into her mind, he'd see the message Snape gave her.

"Hello, Professor, nice to see you," said Lindsay cheerfully. A chorus of hearty laughter erupted from the other room. She forced herself to sound lively, and hoped that this is what Snape wanted from her. He put his wand away and walked her out of the room. "I've never been in this part of the dungeons before."

"These are my personal rooms," replied Snape conversationally.

"Oh, they're quite large," replied Lindsay. "Were you having a party? I hope I didn't interrupt."

"Not at all, my guests were just leaving."

The conversation continued until they exited Malfoy Manor and were greeted by the crisp night air. They walked along a stone path, but Lindsay was too tired to take in her surroundings. It took all of her remaining strength just to stay awake. Snape held on to her tightly and disapparated without warning. They reappeared outside Hogwarts. Snape swished his wand and something silver shot out of it. Lindsay was leaning heavily on him by this point. Albus appeared within seconds. He disapparated taking all three of them with him. They reappeared in his office.

"How did we get here?" said Lindsay taking in the comforting familiarity of Albus' office.

"The usual rules don't apply to me dear," replied Albus gently as he sat her on a couch and delicately tucked a thick soft blanket around her. He turned to Snape and his tone was more urgent. "What happened?"

"There are three bodies," replied Snape, "an elderly man, a young woman, and a teenage boy."

"I'll tell Remus. What else?"

"She's been crucioed. I must get some potions." Snape turned and hurried out of the room without further comment. Albus moved to the fireplace and firecalled Remus. Lindsay heard Remus' soothing voice, but couldn't make out his muffled reply.

Albus returned and sat next to Lindsay. "What happened, Lin?"

"Death Eaters...in the park; it happened so fast. I woke up in an old manor house. They killed three people, Albus. I watched it all."

Lindsay sobbed and Albus handed her a handkerchief that smelled of lilac. "Take your time, Lin."

"I did it, Albus. I don't know how I managed it, but I did it."

"What's that, dear?"

"I held my defenses. They did...things...to me, but I held back." Albus didn't need Legilimency to know what she was talking about. He felt angry and nauseated at the thought of such wickedness, but held his feelings in check to offer Lindsay the comfort she needed. "I knew I'd be no match for him, Albus. I knew he'd blast through my defenses as easily as you do. So I did nothing."

"You did the right thing, Lin." Albus patted her hand. "You did what you had to, to survive and there is no shame in that."

Snape returned carrying two goblets. He said nothing as he stood in front of Lindsay and handed one of the goblets to her.

"What is it?" said Lindsay.

"It will ease the effects of the Cruciatus." Lindsay took the goblet and downed it quickly. The trembling ceased, and she began to feel sleepy. Her taught muscles were quickly relaxing.

Snape handed her the other goblet. "What's this one for?" Snape didn't reply. "What is it, Professor?" said Lindsay harshly.

"A contraceptive potion," mumbled Snape quickly.

"No," said Lindsay and pushed it away.

"You must take it," insisted Snape.

"If anything's there, I'm keeping it," replied Lindsay. Snape's grip on the goblet tightened and he looked as if wanted to throw the goblet at her. Albus waved his hand and both goblets disappeared. Minerva entered wearing a tartan dressing gown and her hair was down in a long braid. She took one look at Lindsay and immediately noted the lost broken look in her eyes. She knew what had happened, the one act of violence that all women dreaded. She sat next to the trembling girl and wrapped her arms around her. Lindsay sobbed.

"Cruciatus, Minerva," said Albus. "Severus has given her a potion to relieve the symptoms. She needs rest now."

"Of course, Albus. You'll stay in my quarters for the night, young lady, and I won't take no for answer." Lindsay just nodded. She was already fighting sleep. Albus and Minerva helped her rise, and Minerva escorted her out."