Chapter 21

Barbara=bold Dick=italicized

Boy Blunder!
What do you want at 4 in the morning?
It's training day!!
So?
Let's hit the streets!!
To do what?
Cow tipping...we're running you doofus!!
How about sleeping?
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!
And the normal...
We ain't normal!!
We you aren't...
Excuse me?!
Uh-oh
Excuuuuussee me??!!
That's ten extra laps!!
What?!
C'mon get your lazy tush out here and run laps all over the city!!
But it rained--the streets are wet
So is your head from sweat when you're running!!
Fine!! Jeez!!
Yasss!!

Dick gets out of bed and puts on his active wear. "Barbara!"

"What? And would you shut your trap, you'll wake everyone up," she whisper-yells. Dick comes out in his active wear and two water bottles. He's wearing an old gray T-shirt, black Under Armor shorts, black Nike socks and running shoes. Barbara is wearing a black Nike athletic tank top with a gray sweat jacket on top, black shorts, blue socks and running shoes.

"What a great idea, running through Gotham streets at four in the morning. What could possibly go wrong?" Barbara gives Dick the stink eye for his sarcasm.

"So when are we going to start run-"

"Now!" Barbara snatches a water bottle and runs out the door.

"Wait for me!" Dick follows, closing the door behind him. He was trying as hard as he could to catch up to her, but she was to far a head.

After about 10 minutes of running through different streets, she makes a sharp right turn and comes to a halt at a giant museum. Dick catches up and stops where she is. Both of them out of breath and sweaty. She looks at him and smiles. She opens the doors and bolts up the steps.

"Barbara! Barbra! Where are you going?" Dick runs up the steps behind her.

They reach the roof. It was absolutely beautiful. There was a nice white couch with a fire pit and lights and lanturns hung up.

"Barbra, how did you do this? When did you do this?" He looks over at the view.

"I know people." She sits on the couch and looks at the fire pit in front of it. Dick sits next to her. "Oh! I almost forgot!" She looks to the side of the couch and opens a grocery bag and takes out two skewers, a bag of marshmallows, two chocolate bars and a box of graham crackers. "S'mores!" She hands Dick a skewer.

"I still can't believe you did this!" Dick puts a marshmallow on his skewer and proceeds to place it over the fire.

"That's not all." Then, fireworks shoot in the sky in the distance. They were so bright and full of color. "The crazy people on 27th street shoot fireworks every Wednesday."

They enjoy their s'mores and the view of the fire works. They slowly share a romantic kiss before Dick pulls away and grins.

"You do know Bruce is going to kill us, right?"

"Totally." They continue to kiss and enjoy the night.

~Back at Wayne Manor at 5:00am~
Bruce notices that Dick and Barbara and Dick are gone. He puts on his robe and slippers as well as a blanket. He runs frantically through the streets before checking his Battracker. He finds out that they are on the roof of the Gotham Museum of History and Science. He runs to the building and up the steps to the roof. Once he gets there, he sees Dick and Barbara asleep on the couch. He smiles and puts out the fire in the fire pit. He lays his blanket on top of them and leaves them a note.

~Dick and Miss Gordan~
I'm glad you had a nice "run". I saw you guys run down the hallway and run out the door. I tracked you guys to see where you were, and you were alseep up here. I put out the fire and gave you two a blanket.
~Bruce
P.S. You two are so grounded.