chapter 20

Where are they? I looked through almost all of the cells. I was panicking, thinking about what they could have done to them.

"I can't, I can't, I can't." I repeated, slowly sitting on the floor.

I was crying, I couldn't stop. I don't want anyone dead because of me. I pulled at my hair in frustration. I then felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I panicked and turned around to be met with familiar brown eyes, Evan. I hugged him, like I was going to lose him too.

"Wha-what if they're de-dead." I said in between sobs.

"I came here for no reason. I could of saved them. It should of been me, I should have been captured!" I yelled.

Evan hugged me tight.

"We can still find them. There are still more places to check. Listen, no matter how hard you try to get rid of me I won't leave, I'm staying here, by your side every step of the way. Even if that means protecting your dumbass." Evan said.

I chuckled and looked up at his face since he was a little taller than me.

"I'm the dumbass, OK." I laughed.

I pulled away from the hug and cleaned my face.

"Let's find them." I smirked.

"There goes the Jonathan I know." Evan laughed.

I can't describe the feeling I feel for him. I like the feeling, but at the same time I hate it.

We ran down the hall looking through the last cells. I saw a door on right of the hall. Evan noticed too, he looked at me and nodded. I opened the door slowly revealing someone tied up on a hospital bed in the middle of the room. I slowly walked towards it until I recognize the person, Marcel.

"Marcel? Marcel?! Wake up!" I yelled.

"Shhh." Evan said before looking around.

Marcel opened his eyes slowly. He looked weak and drained out.

"What happened?" I asked.

"They're t-torturing us. They want to know where you're at." Marcel said.

"They just want me?" I questioned.

"Yes, but we're not letting them have you." He smiled.

I smiled back at him and looked at Evan. He was looking for something to get Marcel out the chains. They had something on it that no super natural creature can manage. That's why Marcel is so weak. There were more chains on the flirt filled with that liquid. Evan was by Marcel trying to figure out what to do. I used my super speed to pick up the chain and tie Evan to the hospital bed. When Iowa's finished I got dizzy. I sat on the floor and too a few breaths.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Evan yelled.

"Like I said, you came here to save your people not to be killed so I'm going to take control. Everyone will come your way and help you, I promise to get all your people free." I told him.

I got up slowly holding my head, I looked at Evan and he was slowly falling asleep. I walked towards a door hoping that it will lead to one of the groups.