chapter 14

I can feel the power getting stronger, but still have not seen anybody. Something's off, really off. I stood in place and looked around. I'm sure I wasn't out for that long.

"I guess injecting five in you everyday wasn't enough, especially when we put more in you today. I'm surprised you even woke up and walking...barley." a voice behind me laughed.

I turned around and saw vanoss, only vanoss.

"They have been captured. The scientists found them and is keeping everyone trapped until they get you alive." Vanoss said.

"Where are they." I asked.

"I'm not sure exactly. They took some of my people too." He said.

I still felt the strong power.

"Where is the power coming from?" I asked.

"What? Oh, their suits. They have some kind of magic on it that prevents any super natural creature from hurting them." He said.

I closed my eyes and opened them. My eye color changed. I looked to my right and saw purple smoke going down the road.

"I think I know where they are." I said.

"How?" Vanoss asked confused.

"I see purple smoke going down the road." I replied.

"So...you think that's them?" He asked.

"Positive. Let's go." I said.

I started to walk and vanoss followed behind.

"I can tell this is going to take a while." Vanoss said, breaking the awkward silence between us.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

I really had nothing to say to him. He did enough to me and I can't forgive him so easily nor trust him.

"Are you still mad?" Vanoss asked, smirking.

"What do you think?" I said, not taking my eyes off the purple smoke.

"Come on. You know how hard it is seeing your own family die?" He said.

"Yeah, I do." I mumbled, not letting tears escape my eyes.

He didn't say anything after that. We just walked, silently. Seeing my parents die in front of me in a young age was the worst thing in my life. Those scientist will pay.

"Wait!" Vanoss yelled. He ran towards that cabin I escaped from. I didn't notice we was by it. Vanoss came out with Tyler, Ohm, and Brian.

"They will be able to help." Vanoss said.

"Try something stupid and I won't hesitate to kill you." I said. I started walking off.

"Can I ask a question?" Ohm asked.

"You already did." I said, annoyed.

"You know what I meant." Ohm said.

I sighed and said, "sure, go ahead."

"Why did the scientists chose you over anyone else in this world?" He asked.

"I...honestly don't know." I said. Why would they pick me? Did my parents had anything to do with them?

"Oh...OK. I was just wondering." Ohm said, slowing down to walk with the rest behind me.

I don't know. We had a neighborhood full of little kids my age, but why me? I don't understand...

"What are we going to do when we get there?" Tyler asked.

"You'll see." I smirked.