People say that at moments like these your life flashes before your eyes, but the truth is I only saw one thing and that was Jason’s face smiling at me. I guess to me, he is life.

Finally, the car stopped moving, and as soon as I opened my eyes a blinding pain took over my body. We were upside down, glass was everywhere. I looked down at the source of my pain and I could see my wright leg pinned between the door and the front panel.

I felt paralyzed by the pain, but still I turned my head to where Emma was; blood was running down her face. I reach out my hand and touch her cheek. “Emm…” I whispered no answer.

“Emma…”I little louder, I couldn’t breathe, my chest was burning; taking breathes was becoming a little hard for me. I heard someone outside; I turned my head around to see an old man on the phone talking.

“Hang on! Everything will be ok!” he assured me as he started giving them the address.

My breathes were even harder to take now. I looked over at Emma again, I focused on her chest to make sure she was breathing; and she was. 

“It’s going to be ok Emma.” Tears blurred my vision; I couldn’t stand the pain any longer. I felt my limbs being ripped apart.

Thankfully I didn’t have to wait any more, and darkness completely took over, but not before I heard the distance sound of the sirens coming towards us.

                                                                              **********************

(Jason’s P.O.V)

This was the third time I checked my watch, it was 7:15 now, where the hell is she. I called her a hundred times now, and still no answer.

“Dude, you need to chill.” Luke said. He and Ben got bored of waiting, so they turned on the TV. They were there to help me with the music and to serve dinner, I had to pay each of them $30 to do it of course.

“Can you call Emma again?” I persisted.

“Look they probably found some cute store and decided to check it out no biggi.” This came from Ben who was lounging on the couch with his feet on the coffee table.

“Shut up, you have no idea what I’m going through here.” I tug on my collar; I was wearing a blue polo with khaki pants. I didn’t want to wear a suit and freak her out at the sight of me.

RING RING

Luke pulled out his phone and soon his face becomes white. He dropped the phone to the ground and looked at me with hunted eyes; I knew something was terribly wrong.

“That was Emma’s parents; she and Rachael were in an accident.” As soon as he said those words I started shaking my head. This can’t be happening. “We should go to St. William’s hospital.” I just stood there my gaze on the ground, I couldn’t move, I couldn’t speak.

“Jason we need to go.” Ben grabbed my arm and pulled me to the car. Ben drove as me and Luke sat in complete silence. I kept thing that I just talked to her, and she was fine. She was fine a minute ago.

Soon enough we were at the hospital, and when the car stopped I just jumped out and ran inside. I needed to know that she’s ok, that she’s fine. I spotted Emma’s parents outside in the hallway; I slowed down and walk over to them with Luke beside me.

“How is she?” Luke asked.

“She’s fine she has a broken hand and a minor concussion, but she’s ok.” Mary, Emma’s mom, hugged Luke as tears come streaming down his face. Emma’s fine, so Rachael’s going to be fine, too.

I turned my head in the other direction and spot Mrs. S sitting on a bench next to a doctor. She was crying, I ran over to her.

“H-How is she?” I looked from her to the doctor and swallow hard. She just looked at me and put her face in her hands.

“Son, why don’t you have a seat?” he put a hand on my shoulder and immediately pulled away when I started yelling.

“Answer ME!!” I couldn’t control myself, my body was shaking uncontrollably.

The doctor ran his hand through his brown hair and sighted.  “She fractured 3 ribs, which punctured one of her lungs. We also had to repair her torn spleen. We also had to operate on her leg, it was completely crushed and we had to insert spikes to keep it stable.”

“So you fixed her up, that’s a good thing.” Why was he shaking his head at me?

“From the entire trauma she suffered through and in a small amount of time, her body went into shock. The organs are shutting down because the amount of blood she lost. I’m sorry; I would suggest you go see her and say your good-byes.” the doctor's features didn't lend me any hope, what so ever.

Good-bye? He wants me to say good-bye? To give up on her?

My body gave out and I was on my knees now; I felt my heart being ripped out from my chest. I couldn’t breathe, tears blurred my vision. I felt an arm around and I heard Ben’s voice, but I couldn’t make out what he was saying. I leaned my head forward and just let the screaming out. I sat there for a long time just crying with Ben and Luke sitting beside me.

“I need to see her.” I whispered and start getting up. They both helped me when they saw I couldn’t hold my balance.

We walked down the hall and entered a small room, I look at the bed and all I could see was Rachael’s beautiful face bruised and stitched. Her mom was on one side holding her hand, whispering something to her.

I walked over to the other side and held her hand, I raised it to my lips and kissed it; it was so warm. There was a tube down her throat helping her to breathe, and IVs sticking in her. Yet she looked so peaceful, like she was sleeping. I brushed my knuckles along her check.

How can I say good-bye? How can I let you go? I just found you.

“Please, please don’t leave me.” I whispered against her hand as I held it in my. “I love you. Today was the day I was going to say that.” I kissed her hand again. “Rach you can’t leave me I just found you...” I didn’t think I had any more tears to shed, but again they fell down. “I love you so much, do you hear me.” I reached up and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. “I always loved you. No one, but you.”

Her heart monitor started beeping and through the intercom I heard someone announce a code blue. A group of doctor and nurses rushed in, pulling me away from her. I didn’t understand what was going on. Until they started shocking her, trying to get her heart beat up again.

“Rachael, oh god! Please don’t leave me.” I yelled at her.

They shock her again and again, but nothing happened…

This can’t be good-bye; this can’t be it for us. Rachael don’t let go, please…

Please...