CHAPTER 31

CHAPTER 31

"And now, the performance you've all been waiting for between our finalists, Olivia..." The announcer paused and Olivia ran out onto one end of the battle field, "And Kara!" She finished and Kara ran out after.

"Okay Braixen, Meditite it's showtime!" Olivia exclaimed then tossed her pokeballs into the air and her pokemon came out in a blazing glory. "I can't wait to see what battle combinations she's come up with for Meditite and Braixen." Alex remarked. "Swoobat Mantyke, showtime!" Kara shouted and tossed her pokeballs into the air and both of the cute pokemon shot out of their pokeballs with hearts surrounding them.

"There are five minutes on the clock let the battle begin!" The announcer exclaimed and each and every one of us sat at the edge of our seats.

"Braxien use Psybeam, Meditite use Shadow Ball!" Olivia ordered and Braxien pulled out the magic stick in her tail then spun it around, shooting out a purple and pink beam, Meditite jumped into the air and put his hands together creating a purple ball that when blasted out swirled around the psybeam to create a battle combo. "Starting this match off with a battle combination, if it lands that could be a whole lot of points." Jared remarked but the smirk on Kara's face told me that she had other plans.

"Mantyke use Bubble Beam, Swoobat Air Cutter!" Kara instructed and Mantyke jumped into the air and did a spin, bubbles shooting out as she spun, knocking the beam out of the air while Swoobat flew into the air and flapped her wings, shooting out razor sharp winds that sliced into the two of them. "Meditite use psyshock Braxien Flamethrower!" Olivia growled and Meditite jumped in to the air and rocks covered in purple aura floated around him he pushed his hands forward and the rocks flew into both Pokémon. Braxien then jumped into the air and shot a huge blast of fire from her wand. Mantyke and Swoobat landed hard on the ground but quickly got back up.

"Meditite Force Palm!"

Meditite jumped for Swoobat with a fist covered in white aura, "Quick Mantyke use ice beam on Meditite fist!" Kara instructed and Mantyke jumped up and opened her mouth, shooting out a icy beam that froze around Meditite in the air, "Now Swoobat use gust and Mantyke use Bubble Beam!" She added and Swoobat flapped her wings, creating a gust of wind that sent Meditite into the air, Mantyke then spun in the air and shot out beams of bubbles that caused Meditite's ice to explode into tiny sparkles.

I looked over to Olivia and she seemed to be deep in thought, no doubt on what she should do. Olivia's face suddenly shifted into a smirk and she clenched her fists, "Meditite turn yourself around and land safely." Olivia instructed and Meditite gritted his teeth then did a flip so he landed safely on his feet, "Now Meditite use High Jump Kick," Olivia ordered and Meditite jumped into the air with his foot out, a white trail left behind him, "Dodge it Mantyke," Kara shouted but Olivia was quick with a response, "Braixen use Psychic and make sure Meditite lands the hit!" Olivia instructed and Braixen pulled out her wand and a purple aura radiated off of Meditite, Braixen then moved her wand towards Mantyke and Meditite slammed his foot into Mantyke. "Now Braxien use Fire Spin!" Olivia added and Braixen stuck out her wand and shot out multiple flames that blazed into Swoobat.

"Swoobat, Mantyke 'Y' formation!" Kara shouted and I raised a brow in surprise as Mantyke and Swoobat suddenly flew over Kara and went on opposite sides, Kara being the ending of the "Y".

"We'd expect nothing less from the gym leader's sister, a surprising battle formation!" Nurse Joy stated happily and Kara smirked, "Now Mantyke Water Pulse! Swoobat Aerial Ace!" Kara ordered and Mantkye created a pulse of water in her wings, Mantyke then shot the pulse into Swoobat and Swoobat surprisingly grabbed the water pulse in her talons then slammed it into Braixen, Swoobat then flew and slammed into Meditite. Both super effective moves that hit their targets hard. "Swoobat use Shadow Ball, Mantyke Bubble Beam!" Kara ordered and Swoobat created a shadow ball in her wings then unleashed the ball that slammed into Braixen, while Mantyke blasted bubbles into Meditite, dust clouded our view but when the dust settled Braixen and Meditite were on the ground unconscious.