CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16

"All right you five pick up the pace!" Don George yelled and I groaned then began to run faster on the treadmill, "When I thought of the Pokemon Battle Club, I thought there'd be more battling involved." I sighed and Don George turned up the speed on the treadmill causing me to almost fall of while my pokemon were completely fine.

Jared, Alex and Alison were laughing and I glared at the three, "This isn't fair, they want to enter the tournament too!" I smirked, and Jared and Alison's eyes widened as Don George turned around with a smirk, "Hop on the treadmill, Jade you're finish," Don George said and I sighed in relief, giggling when Jared, Alison and their pokemon got on the treadmills looking miserable.

"Are we finally going to be doing some real training?" I questioned and Don nodded, "First we'll start off with Liepard," Don stated and pointed to Liepard. Liepard walked over to the training mat and holes in the walls became activated with silver machines shaped like cannons. One of the cannons blasted a small pellet at Liepard and she quickly jumped out of the way, the cannons began to shoot more pellets, faster and faster until Liepard was hit because she was overwhelmed.

"That was 500 Pellets dodged, that's a new record here at the Pokemon Battle Club," Don George complimented then handed me a ribbon with the Battle Club's logo, I tied it around Liepard's tail and she meowed happily. "I can tell that Liepard's been abandoned, just in the way she moves, hesitant but quick." Don George explained and I raised a brow, "You mean Liepard was someone else pokemon but they abandoned her?" I questioned and he nodded.

"When did you catch Liepard?" Don George asked and I looked over at Liepard who was staring back at me with a happy and proud smile, "Well it was a while ago, when I first started my journey, my friends and I were setting up a camp when my hat went missing, turns out it was a Purrloin who stole it." I grinned, recalling the story always put a smile on my face.

"I knew Purrloin were known to steal but this one seemed to just want to have fun," I recalled and Liepard snickered then grabbed another ribbon from Don George's pocket using her tail, Liepard then tied the ribbon around another part of her tail causing me to giggle but say nothing. "Well you two have a really strong bond I can tell, on to your Servine."

Don George continued to evaluate the rest of my pokemon, we finally got to Riolu and when he got onto the training mat Riolu looked at me with a determined look.

"You've got this buddy!" I exclaimed and Riolu began to dodge and avoid pellets, one pellet him in the chest and the training stopped, I smiled then high fived him, "Great Job Riolu, that was 100 pellets!" I smiled, yeah my other pokemon dodged more but Riolu was the newest in the group and that says a lot about his skills.

Don George walked over and placed his hand in front of Riolu, Riolu placed his palm on Don's and for a second blue aura radiated off of them. Don looked at me and smirked, "That's the proper way to greet a Riolu," He explained and I did the same thing, a calming sensation went through my body and I smiled.

"Hey Jade it's almost time to register for the Pokemon Tournament," Jared stated and I nodded, "It was great training with you Don George, see you soon!" I waved goodbye and he waved back, "Don't forget any of what I told you! Goodbye you kids," Don George replied and we all made our way to the Pokemon Tournament Stadium, stopping outside where a beautiful fountain was placed. I noticed a familiar group of people and smiled, "Kyle, Selena...and Olivia," I listed off, frowning when I said Olivia.

All three of them looked at Alison confused and she sighed, "It's a long story-"

"Long story short, Penny's real name is Alison and here she is," I interrupted and Alison blushed but they all nodded.