CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 14
(Crystal Above!)

I watched with awe as Jared's Tepig jumped over Drilbur then slammed into its back, covered in flames. Drilbur whipped around then blasted a small ball of mud into Tepig's face, Tepig landed on the ground hard with mud blinding him, "Tepig come on get the mud out of you eyes and use ember!" Jared ordered and Tepig blasted tiny embers at Drilbur, missing completely due to the mud blinding him. Drilbur then bolted for Tepig and scratched him with its sharp claws. Tepig landed on the sand hard and weak. "Come on Tepig, you've got this, get that dirt off your face!" Jared encouraged and Tepig slammed its feet into the sand, slowly standing up. Tepig then began to glow brightly, the white flash blinding me for a second and I watched as Tepig's body grew larger and it stood on two legs. The flash disappeared and Tepig had evolved into Pignite.

"That's right Pignite, now use your new power and use tackle!" Jared shouted and Pignite instead jumped into the air and curled into a ball, Pignite then rolled into Drilbur three times, knocking it out! "Pignite learned Rollout!" Alison exclaimed and Jared grinned then pulled out a pokeball.

 "Go Pokeball!" Jared shouted then threw the empty pokeball at the Drilbur, it shook three times then dinged. Jared grabbed the pokeball then smirked, "Great Job big brother you caught Drilbur!" Alex exclaimed and Jared nodded.

"Pignite, the Fire Pig Pokémon and the evolved form of Tepig. Pignite's food converts into fuel for the flame that burns in its stomach, and when fuel burns in its stomach, its speed increases." My pokedex informed and Pignite flexed with a cocky smirk.  

Alison looked down at the map on her pokedex then smiled, "And we're not that far away from Nimbasa City come on!" She announced and we all began to sprint through the desert.

We entered Nimbasa city and bright lights greeted us, the city bustled with life and excitement, we began walking towards the pokemon center and I noticed a few fliers advertising the Pokemon Battle Tournament. "Thinking of entering the Pokemon Battle Tournament?" A voice questioned and I turned around and was face to face with a man with dark gray hair and a red and gray battle suit. "Yeah I might but I think I want to challenge the gym leader first." I replied and he nodded, "Well if you ever need some training, come down to the Pokemon Battle club and visit me, I'm the manager, Don George." The man greeted and I nodded, "Thanks, I'll see you soon," I smiled then walked off to the others in the Pokemon Center.

"You're pokemon are fully healed, please come again soon!" Nurse Joy grinned and we all took our pokemon, "How about we get some training in!" Jared suggested and I nodded then the two of us ran out to the battle field. "Everyone come on out!" The both of us exclaimed then tossed out all of our pokemon.

"Riolu I promised you some training and here it is, but remember we're gonna be training hard so don't hold back," I informed Riolu and he nodded, a look of determination on his face, "Now Riolu use, quick attack, Purrloin fury swipes!" 

Riolu dashed for Purrloin with lightning speed, Purrloin extracted her claws then both of their attacks met halfway. "Great job Riolu now Servine use wrap!" I instructed and Servine speedily shot out vines towards Riolu, "Riolu use counter!" 

Riolu waited for the vines to get close then threw up both his hands to block the vines, Riolu then grabbed one of the vines and slammed it into the ground, tossing Servine backwards.

"Now let's finish this training up strong, Blitzle shock wave!" Blitzle's wave glowed yellow and he shot an bright electric beam at Riolu, Riolu stared at the beam confused and it closed its eyes as the beam blasted Riolu sky high, "Riolu!" I shouted then ran for him, I jumped into the air and caught Riolu before he fell to the ground, "You did some great battling, good job buddy," I praised and Riolu smiled and nodded. Jared and Alison were also hard at work training while Alex was cheering his brother on.