15. Emotions

I've been awake all night trying to scream out to Nathan, but no matter how hard I try, nothing comes out. My heart is no longer beating and it's like I'm paralyzed and have lost every function of my body. It's the scariest thing I've ever gone through and I feel like I'm basically dead. I'm once again locked away, but instead of in a cell, I'm in my own head. I can feel myself wanting to cry, but I don't have the ability to do so, which makes me want to cry even more. Luckily I won't have to go through this for long. I look around the room and try to devise a plan to escape. The door that leads out is made out of pure glass and can only be opened with what looks like an ID card. I have no idea where they got this amount of equipment and electricity. Luckily, the glass looks like it can be broken through easily. I then and look over at a cabinet made out of glass also. It holds a bunch of different tubes with numbers on them. They probably have something to do with the cure that they will never find. There's also a glass counter next to it that contains different types of torture tools and knives. My plan is, once she feeds me, I'll immediately break free of the wild rose that's binding me to this chair. It's going to hurt like hell but I'm going to push through and kill that bitch Ruby. Then I'm going to kill every researcher in the entire camp and get Nathan and John out of here. I've had a bad habit of not planning things through well enough, but I'm sure this will work out the way I want it too.

I look down and see the bucket full of my blood. I notice that my blood is a lot darker than normal blood, which is something I have never noticed. The color is such a dark shade of red it could be mistaken for black. I'm startled as Ruby enters the room, usually I would be able to hear her coming.

"Hello Ms. Rose, how was your sleep? Oh wait...," she smirks.

She thinks she's so funny.

She walks toward me with a sway of her hips. "Today's going to be a good day. Want to know why?".

I give her a death glare because she keeps asking me questions she knows I can't answer.

"Well, todays the big day! The day we have all been waiting for! We may have potentially found a cure. So, that means we get to test it out!"she says, putting her fingers together like an evil scientist.

I simply look at her, again, in silence. I want to ask her how exactly she plans to test it out, but I can't. I watch as she grabs the bucket filled with my blood and replaces it with an empty bucket. She then takes the filled and places it on the glass counter. She then throws on a wipe pair of gloves and grabs a glass cup. She takes the cup and dips it into the bucket, making sure to fill it all the way to the brim with blood. She then wipes the outside of the cup with a napkin and fills another glass cup.

What the hell is she doing?

She turns around and gives me a pouty smile. "You may be curious as to what I'm doing," she says picking up the glass cups,"don't worry, you're about to find out." She gives me another smirk and walks out the room. She walks straight across right into the room where they are keeping Nathan and John.

Shit. Is she going to test it out on Nathan and John?

She one glass of blood next to Nathan and another next to John and leaves their room. Nathan and John both look at the blood with confusion and disgust, but I know what she's planning to do. After a few minutes, she comes back into my room with what looks like a blood bag. Normally, I would feel hunger. My mind wants it, but my body doesn't crave it like normal. I feel nothing. She brings it towards me and put a puncture in the bag causing the blood to slowly drip into my mouth. The first few drops didn't really do anything but after a few more I can feel my body start to come back alive. I start to gain my senses back and my ability to talk,but for some reason I still can't move my body. I assume it's because I need to drink more, so my fangs come out and I drain the entire bag. I can feel the power coarse throughout my body, but my body is still completely stiff. I can feel my heart start to pump again, but still at a very slow rate. I don't feel powerful enough for this plan to work.