2. JR

*edited 7/12/16*

I take my first step onto the cold, muddy ground outside the building I was kept in. The ground is damp, as if it just rained, and filled with wet leaves. I immediately check my surroundings and realize that I'm in the middle of  nowhere in the woods.

Great.

I turn around and look at the building I was held hostage in. It's a lot smaller than I thought it was. If somewhere were to pass by it they would just think it was a little cabin in the woods. Maybe that was the point.

I finally walk away and start to walk deeper into the forest. There are trees everywhere and no sign of human or dead beings. I have no idea where I'm going. It's starting to get dark, and I realize the only thing I'm wearing is a dirty white tank top and old granny panties. Where am I supposed to find clothes? Food? Water? Weapons?

Everything starts to sink in as I realize that I'm not going to survive out here alone. I have no game plan at all whatsoever. I'm literally standing in the middle of the forest, in my underwear.

As I'm standing and thinking, I hear shuffling in the distance.

Demon?

I slowly start to walk towards the noise not wanting to be heard. The shuffling continues and then I hear a scream.

My instinct kicks in, and I run full speed towards the commotion, but I'm too late. Right before my eyes is  two demons tearing away at the flesh of a young girl. I see a final tear drop escape her eye as she takes her final breath.

Usually, I feel sympathetic but that emotion is nowhere to be found. I feel nothing.

The demons pay no attention to me as they are eating away at their dinner. Any normal human would kill the demons but for some reason I just walk away.

My hunger is kicking in, and it's really overwhelming. I again feel like I haven't eaten in years.

I run full speed in a random direction hoping to find shelter before it gets dark. In about 30 seconds I run upon an old hotel that seems to be abandoned.

'Cecil Hotel' reads the sign just at the very entrance.

I guess I'll just sleep here for the night.

I walk towards the door and just as I'm about to open it, I see a backpack in the corner of my eye, a fairly clean looking black bag just randomly sitting against the wall of the entrance. Weird? Who cares. I run straight for it, hoping to find food or any other useful supplies. I open the zipper and find 3 granola bars and 2 bottles of water. I quickly grab the granola bar, open it, and basically shove the thing down my throat.

Gross!

I spit out the granola bar and try to wipe my tongue from the horrid taste. Either that granola bar is old or it just tastes like straight up ass. It doesn't satisfy my hunger at all. I then go for the water, but that doesn't satisfy my thirst either.

Blood.

Just as it enters my mind, I couldn't get it out.

Is that what I really need? I didn't think I would need it to survive... So regular food is no good?

A million things are running through my head and I cannot comprehend my transition.

What the hell am I? I've never heard of such a beast who feeds on blood!

I walk in the hotel thinking about how the hell I'm going to find someone to feed on. I realize that I sound like a straight up psychopath, but I really couldn't give a shit. All I know is, if I have to feed on human blood to survive, that's what I'm going to do, and no one will stop me. Just as I'm thinking about blood, a miracle happens. I hear gun fire go off on the floor above me.