3. A Devil's Kiss

*edited 7/16/16*

*Nathan's POV*

10 years later

I'm standing towards the back of the crowd, preparing myself for what is about to happen. I know this won't be pretty... everybody is going to be pissed.

"Alright, everybody settle down. There's something that needs to be discussed. I know we have kept you all out of the loop, but it was for your own safety. But my brother and I have decided that you're safer knowing the truth," Jonathan says.

Jonathan Gray is my older brother and the leader of The Saviors. We organized an assembly for our main group in Los Angeles, CA, in order to inform them on what's happening. Well, what's been happening for the past 10 years that we decided to keep a secret.

"Now I know you guys have heard the legends and stories of "The JR Killer". How she goes group to group killing our innocent people and leaves behind the letters "JR", written in blood. Well, those legends and stories... are real," he struggles to say. Everyone in the crowd starts to go crazy.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"You kept this from us!"

"You said it was the demons!!"

"You son of a bitch!"

Everyone is now screaming, obviously angry that we kept such a big secret.

"Everyone shut the hell up and listen!" I yell. Everyone suddenly goes quiet.

"Thanks, brother. Now I know we have some explaining to do and that's why we are gathered here today. As you know, many of our groups around the country have perished in the last 10 years, which has delayed our research on finding the cure. That is due to, what we've named her over the years, The JR Killer." He pauses as people start to whisper to each other.

"Many of you know who my father was. Michael Gray. He was a great and loving man who sought out to save the world. He started The Saviors and we plan to continue it. Before JR became "JR" she was an innocent girl who was immune to the demon's bite. My father took her in, with her consent of course, and worked very hard to find out why she was immune. Unfortunately things backfired and she ended up escaping and killing him..."

I could tell it's still very hard for him to talk about our dad's death. He looked up to him and he's a lot like him in many ways. I, on the other hand, think he was a dick and that he had it coming. There is just something fishy about the whole thing, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

"JR isn't some normal girl. We can't tell you what she is because there has been no one else like her...ever. She feeds off of human blood; she has unnaturally high speed and strength, the power of compulsion, and she is immortal. We are not sure how she came to be this way, but we suspect it had something to do with her immunity. We don't know what she looks like, other than the fact that she wears the old cloaks our soldiers used to wear. But what we do know is that Wild Rose is toxic to her, that's why we have been growing them, and that's why you all wear identical wild rose bracelets.

Those bracelets also keep you from being compelled if you ever come across her. I would like to remind you all that JR is extremely dangerous, more dangerous than the demons. Not only that but she uses a katana like no other, which makes her even more deadly. With that being said we have a bounty set out for her, in reward you get a lifetime supply of food, no more trading rations. If you are brave enough to fulfill this bounty, I want her back here...with me."

Everyone in the crowd is now talking amongst each other trying to comprehend the news they just received.

"And also please spread the word to other groups across the country... she could be anywhere."