12. Bitten

A/N: I just posted a prologue for my up and coming story "Dangerous Slave" ! Go check it out and let me know what you think. I'm very excited to write it :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

City of Los Angeles

We finally arrive in the city and everything is demolished. You can tell there used to be tall buildings and skyscrapers, but now they all lay in ruins, destroyed by explosions and chaos. The smell of death is intoxicating as dead bodies lay everywhere and demons walk the streets. It's been a while since I've been to the city. It's the most dangerous area you can go to, not just because of demons, but there are bandits also. I've heard many stories of bandits broadcasting lies to people saying there's a "Safe Camp" in the city, just to lure their victims there. They usually end up robbing and killing them, so I'll be surprised if John is still alive.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask Nathan.

"I can't just let my brother die. He would do the same for me." He says.

I nod my head and walk ahead. I know he's terrified. I would be too if I was him, but I'm not scared at all. I've been through so much shit it's hard for me to be scared of anything. I already know we will encounter some swarms so I pull my katana out.

"Stay behind me." I say.

We start walking down the street, stepping over the bodies and watching our surroundings. I can hear growling in the distance and I knew we were getting closer to the swarm. I can hear Nathan's heart beat pick up pace and I block it out of my mind. All of a sudden, as we pass by an abandoned car, a demon pops up from behind it and pins me to the ground. It looks like it's been dead for a while because all of it's skin is decaying. It's eyes are completely black and it's currently screaming in my face and trying to bite me. I quickly reach for my waistband and grab one of my knives. I hand fumbles as I try to grab it and push the demon off of me. Out of no where, the demon's head comes cleanly off and falls on the ground next to me. I push the demons body off of me and see Nathan standing above me, holding my katana. He used my katana.

"What the fuck Nathan?!" I yell grabbing my katana.

"What? I just saved your life." He says.

"First of all you didn't save my life. I can't die! Second of all, if you ever use my katana again I will personally use it to cut of your-"

Before I can finish my sentence, I see the swarm I heard from earlier come running towards us. All of them have yellow eyes and are holding all kinds of weapons. One is holding a butcher knife, another is holding a baseball bat. Those smart asses will try to beat us to death before biting us. I look to the right ahead of us and see what looks like to be an old office building that managed to not get destroyed.

"In that building, hurry!" I yell. I use my speed to run to the door and I wait for Nathan to catch up. Once he's in I close the door. I then look around the room for something to pin the door shut. There's only a metal desk and a chair, the rest of the room is empty. I use my speed to grab the metal desk and move it in front of the door. The demons finally catch up and start pounding on the door and using their weapons to break through. I look around for a way to escape and all I see are stairs to the second story.

"Up the stairs."

I run ahead of Nathan, up the stairs, with my katana ready in case there's any unwanted demons in the building. Luckily there isn't just an empty, dusty office building. We run up the third set of stairs which leads to the roof and lock ourselves up there. It's completely dark outside now and the city is no longer lit up like it used to be. It's pitch black and we have no light.