They pulled me into a dark room and locked the door, slamming me against it. I whimpered and started to scream when they uncovered my mouth. They slapped a hand over it again and pushed me into the door harder, causing me to wince from the sharp pain that flashed up my spine. An unfamiliar guy with dark blonde hair and cold green eyes stared back at me.

                “Shut up you bitch,” he snarled; I could smell the alcohol on his breath and gagged. I whimpered again and tried to bite his hand. He ripped it away. I started to scream again until he dragged me across the room and threw me down on the bed, pressing his body against mine. I instantly went quiet and felt like puking.

                “Please… don’t… don’t do this!” I pleaded, fighting him as he tried to pull off my dress.

                “I said shut up!” I bit my lip and felt tears spilling down my face. Why? Why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this? If I hadn’t agreed to come to this party I could have been home reading a book or with Michael and Mom, not here about to be raped by a drunk guy at a party I didn’t even want to come to.

                He growled, frustrated, and grabbed the top of my dress, ripping it harshly. When he tried to touch me I grabbed his hand and twisted it. He cried out and pulled it away, his eyes lighting up with rage. He pulled his hand back and slapped me, hard. My tears flowed endlessly, dripping into my hair and down the side of my head.

                Reaching down, he unbuckled his belt and slid off his jeans, leaving him in only a shirt and boxers. I tried to kick, scratch, hit- none of it worked. He ripped more of my dress and I tried to scream again, only to receive another hard slap to the face. He kept going until he only had his boxers on and my dress was gone, leaving me in my bra and panties. He pulled his boxers down and I started to sob, struggling as hard as I can to get away.

                Suddenly the door slammed open, dim light from the hall flooding into the dark room. I tried to see who it was through my tears but all I could see was their outline. A second later the guy was ripped off of me and thrown to the floor. Whoever pulled him off of me started to kick and punch him until he was unconscious. I curled up in a ball and whimpered pathetically, flinching when someone gently touched my arm.

                “Lyla?” I know that voice… Jacob. Just as I realized this his face finally came into view, full of anger and concern but he mostly looked worried. He gently pulled me closer and I whimpered again.   “Shh, I’m not going to hurt you. I’m here; you’re safe. Shh,” he murmured, his voice soft and soothing. He shrugged off his jacket and gently wrapped it around me, engulfing me in warmth and the smell of his cologne.

                He picked me up and tenderly cradled my violently shaking body to his chest. I must look pathetic right now, whimpering, shaking, and crying like a baby.

                “Shh,” he cooed softly to me. I bit back a sob and cowered into his chest, grasping a handful of his shirt. He ran a hand over my hair, smoothing it back away from my eyes and carried me out of the room. I didn’t even realize we were outside until I felt the cool air on my face. Jacob’s jacket kept me warm and I breathed in his smell; the shaking eased a little.

                I don’t know how he did it but he somehow managed to hold me in his lap and drive the motorcycle all the way back to his house without a problem. He pulled up in front of his house, the engine dying down. Then he picked me up and carried me to the front door, unlocking it and kicking it open. He carried me inside and I kept my face pressed against his chest. I should probably go home but I don’t want to be alone right now.