Ch1:WHY DONT YOU TRY BEING PARANORMAL?!

Heyy guys let me know what you seriously think of this chapter, thanks =]

Chapter 1

"Melanie! You need to get up now or you'll miss your flight!"

I groaned and rolled over in my bed. Who cares if I miss my flight? Seriously, who wants to be on time for their first day of boarding school? That idea in itself is absolutely MENTAL! But you see I'm not your normal everyday sixteen year old girl. I'm part of the 'Paranormal' kind who are a type of people who have developed special 'abilities', nothing amateur like batman or Spiderman. Please what we can do is hardcore and totally unique and we consider it quite an insult to be likened to people who were created rather than born. Those of us were born though aren't exactly liked by 'normal' people and I think it's simply jealousy that has us labelled as freaks. Speaking of unique though, god thought that only giving me one power wasn't enough to count me as a freak. No he had to make me a "Tri-normal", or someone with not one, not two but THREE abilities. But I have to admit my abilities are pretty cool. The first one I discovered when I was eleven; I was trying to hide from my mum because I accidentally broke her favourite vase and I was trying so hard to hide that after 2 hours I heard my mum yelling out my name and asking where I was. So when I came out saying "I'm right here mum" she just kept looking around saying "Where are you?" turns out I have the power of invisibility and it took us ages to get me back to normal. The ability of a force field apparently comes with the invisibility, but I haven't mastered it yet.

My last ability is water bending. I know its lame but I can make ice bullets if I concentrate. And now like all paranormal sixteen year olds I have to attend St Catherine's School of Special Abilities which makes us sound like stuck-up retarded freaks that have to be shut away, but hey whatever keeps the government happy I suppose. Anyway it's a boarding school that I have to attend for 2 years, to help control and master all my abilities. To be a paranormal you have to have paranormal parents obviously so that makes me even more of a freak. You try going to the park with your dad without the use of a car. One minute we were standing in the front yard the next we were in the sand pit and everyone was staring at us. Not exactly the best time of my life. My dad can time travel and my mum can read minds, which explains why I'm tri-normal. On top of that those are the two most powerful and rare powers and because they are rare the government just had to snatch them up for themselves, which is bad because I will probably be next. It also means everyone will be expecting me to be the best since everyone will know who my parents are.

I could feel my mum giving me a telepathic nudge to hurry up and get out of bed. I slowly got out and made my way to my wardrobe and put on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, black leather heeled ankle boots, a white singlet and a cropped leather jacket, considering the fact that I'm going to a place in the middle of a forest somewhere in Canada where it's freezing. I suppose it's going to be good since I'm going to be surrounded by water, good practice. I walked into my bathroom and tied my long, chocolate brown hair in a high ponytail and left my side fringe hanging out. I put some eyeliner and mascara on to make my chocolate brown eyes pop and then I grabbed my black handbag which had all of the essentials in it. I went downstairs where all my luggage was waiting for me at the front door, which is also where my mum was waiting with her arms crossed over her chest with an impatient look on her face.

"Come on you're already late so you're not going to have time to eat breakfast so you're going to have to grab something from the airport. Your father had to leave for some important meeting but he wishes you good luck." My mum said as she started grabbing some of my luggage and heading out the door towards the car. I grabbed the rest of my stuff and followed her, lugging my heavy bags after me and closing the front door.

We got into the car and started heading towards the airport. Now apparently the Jet that is taking me and some other freshmen to the school is considered the 'school bus'. So as you can imagine this school is pretty rich. When we got to the airport I had ten minutes to check in and get myself on the jet so I quickly jumped out, grabbed my luggage, gave my mum a hug goodbye and ran inside. I checked in on time and then I had to find the terminal. The airport was massive and I had to find the area for private jets. The information girl wasn't very helpful; in fact she looked quite repulsed to be asked where the St Catherine's plane was and pointed in the general direction of all the planes. I glared at her and stormed away angrily towards the main terminal but luckily for me the travellers were all half asleep and traffic was low so I had no trouble finding the private jets hangar. I followed the signs down to the end of the airport and finally ended up at a large glass door with a man standing beside it holding up a sign that read 'St Catherine's'.