93. Going Home

That night he stayed with her. Even though he had been there almost all day and desperately wanted to go home, he stayed. He only wanted to go home with her. If she wasn't on her way home, he wasn't either. He occasionally left her small room to check on the babies, which were always sleeping, and then returned to his seat and held her hand. He moved the loose strand of hair away from her face, careful not to wake her. The doctor told him that she most likely would not wake up from his touch but he wanted to be careful anyway. He couldn't wait until his queen, his wife, and the mother of his children, woke up. When morning came round, he couldn't hold back his exhaustion anymore and feel asleep in his chair with his head on the bed. She had woken up later that morning to his light snoring. Everyone had decided yesterday that they would come before lunch to drop off gifts and check on her. As they walked down the hallway their walking gained speed as they saw she was awake. Oh, what a sight they saw. She played with his hair lovingly and smiled.

"He so desperately tried to stay awake until you were awake that he tired himself out." His mom laughs.

"Charlie....." Meghan lightly says, still playing with his hair.

Meghan's POV:
"Wake up baby." I say to a still sleeping Charlie. He looks as cute as ever and I'm glad that he finally made it. He finally opens his eyes and when they meet my own he gets so excited he stands up and engulfs me in a tight hug. I laugh a little and then push lightly on his chest to loosen a bit. He looks confused at first but then I point to our guests and he blushes.

"Hi." He says awkwardly. He gives his signature cheeky grin and sits back down.

"So I have been unconscious since I gave birth to baby number one. What all happened?" I ask eagerly. Jordon explains everything that's happened including Charlie's mental breakdown to losing baby number three. I feel Charlie's hand on my cheek, wiping away tears I didn't know fell. I nod when she's finished and look to Charlie.

"I'm sorry." I manage out.

"Why princess?"

"I waited too long and lost number three." I cry out. Charlie shakes his head and lifts my chin to meet his.

"Let's celebrate the two that did make it." He says. I nod and he leaves to get a nurse to bring them in. I make small talk with each side of the family and soon I see cribs being pushed into my room.

"Since your awake you get to keep them in your room." He says smiling.

"Who first?" He asks moving to the cribs. I shrug and he picks one up and gives them to me. By the color of the blanket I know it's a girl. I see her smile when I hold her and I giggle a little. Charlie sits on the edge with the other one and my smile becomes bigger.

"So instead of numbers what can we call these two?" I ask.

"Awe, I was getting really fond of One and Two." He says smiling. I roll my eyes and Charlie hums.

"Penelope Puth." I say gesturing towards the one I'm holding.

"I love it and how about hmmmmm." Charlie says looking down.

"Finley?" I say quietly.

"It's perfect." He says and kisses me. I hold Finley and then pass it to my mom and the rest of the guests. Charlie and I make small talk while our family holds the babies.

"So what's the situation outside?" I ask.

"Well Mikaela said that there were some photographers there because they followed Ryan to the hospital but..... there is also a butt load of fans." He says quietly. Before I can respond the nurse I assume is taking care of me comes in.

"Hey Meghan, you're finally awake!" She giggles a little.

"Yeah." I say holding Charlie's hand.

"Well the good thing is you get to be released later today!" She squeals. I turn to Charlie and see his eyes bright up.

"But the doctor has to come explain everything to you and talk about plan of care at home." She says and hands me a two papers. I look at the first one and see it is a birth certificate. I nod and she leaves as fast as she comes in. Charlie puts the babies back in the cribs after everyone is done and I slowly drift off to sleep from the pain pills still in my system.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Charlie's POV:
As our family leaves to go get lunch, I sit back in my chair and hum songs to pass the time. Around 1 PM the doctor finally comes. I shake Meghan's arm and after a few minutes she wakes up. The doctor starts talking about plan of care at home and tells Meghan to keep taking her magnesium pills or she could go into another seizure. He also suggests breast feeding and my eyes widen at the possibility. Meghan slaps my arm and we both laugh. The doctor finally gives Meghan the "okay" to go hope after an hour of talking. While the nurse gets the prescriptions, I help Meghan get dressed into clothes Ryan brought her. I put on my hoodie and we each grab a baby that has been wrapped in my mom's bridal shower Moses blanket to keep the genders a secret. As soon as we get the prescription we are escorted downstairs.

Meghan's POV:
I feel Charlie's free hand find mine and gives it a light squeeze. When we walked out we were instantly "threatened" by the paparazzi. They kept coming up close to us to get a photo and then the bodyguards would push them away. I kept my head down the entire time and made sure Finley was safe while Charlie made sure Penelope was. When we got to the garage I was lost looking for Charlie's car. He smiles at me and points to a car made by Audi.

 He smiles at me and points to a car made by Audi

"It's a Prestige." He says proudly. I smile and head to the back where I find two car seats I put Finley in while Charlie put Penelope in. We got into the front and started cracking up.

"They had no clue there were two!" He laughs. I smile and we drive home.