17. Christmas Cookies

Meghan's POV:
I don't know why but I still have Charlie's Twitter notifications on. He sent out a tweet with only one word, "Nantucket" why that word? Why not "Hey" or "Pizza" or even an emoji? I swipe the notification open and see he has hundreds of comments already. Mostly are weird like, "baby" or "daddy" and others are asking if he is flying here and tagged my username. I go back to helping my mom wrap gifts for everyone. When there is one gift left my mom asks me if I can wrap it and uses the bathroom. I easily wrap it and pull out another gift from my bag. Charlie's gift. I got it for him before the AMA's for his birthday. It's a dog tag necklace inscribed with my name, a music note, and the day we met on it. I put it back in the box and wrap it and write "Charlie" on top of it. I go to my room and put the pictures that JOJO took and printed out from before we left for the AMA's, the gift, and a T-shirt he gave me while we were in the hotel in a wooden box and slide it under my bed. I go back to the kitchen and decide to make cookies. I search through the pantry and can't find any chocolate chips. I decide that I will just get pre-packaged ones that you just put on a cookie sheet from the store. I grab my dad's car keys and head out.

Charlie's POV:
We land in the airport and JOJO texts Ryan to come get us. Well, her, she didn't mention me or he would of just came for JOJO and left. He pulls up and he takes our bags and loads them in the trunk. JOJO makes sure I get in safely and then takes her seat in the front. Ryan glares at me in the backseat and makes small talk with JOJO and they make plans to go out on a dinner date on Wednesday to some kind of Mexican place. We roll up to Meghan's old house. Her house is beautiful. I grab my bag and walk up the stone driveway and inside the small, warm, house. Her mom greets me and gives me a hug. She leads me to the guest room and I see that Meghan's is right next to it. I drop off my bag and look around. I hear someone come in and stroll to the front. Meghan is there with her back to me. She strolls into the kitchen and I follow her. She is placing the cookies on the tray when I come up behind her and wrap my good arm around her waist. She jumps and turns around. I see now what JOJO means. Her lip is busted and her left eye is swelling while the other is blue and purple. She has cuts and bruises up and down both arms and her eyes have lost their sparkle. She turns around ignoring me. I go to the side and touch her arm. She jumps and yells at me,

"CHARLIE STOP."

"Who did this too you?" I ask. She snaps at me and starts yelling.

"Brian has a weird way of showing his love."

The card. I almost forgot that she said that. I lightly take her into my arms and she cries making my shirt wet. She goes to her room and I pop the cookies in the oven. I go down the hall and follow her into the room. She sits on the bed and I follow suit. She just stays quiet, siting there, looking at her bruises. I look at them too wondering why Ryan didn't stop him like he did to me.

"There's more" She crooks. She lifts up her blouse and there are finger marks all around her waist and bruises across her stomach.

"He made me do vicious sex things and if I didn't obey he would threaten to hurt Ryan and Justin. I made them move out for their safety. Then he started hitting me and said if I didn't take it he would go after you. I didn't want him to hurt you but it looks like he did." She starts sobbing some more and I laid there with her, on her small bed, with all her bruises and scars and my sprained elbow. She calmed down and stood up from the bed and left the room.

Meghan's POV:
I left Charlie in my room and went and got the cookies out of the oven and put them on a plate. I went back into my room and Charlie was sitting up. I still don't forgive him for sleeping with Selena but I'm glad to have my superman back. He grabs a cookie and starts nibbling on it. I sit next to him and we talk out all our problems and we make a promise to start making time for each other. Charlie decided that he would move in for awhile and Ryan and Justin should too. He took pictures of my cuts and bruises to show the police and promised he would file a report once we got back to L.A. We join the rest of the family out front and play charades.

Charlie's POV:
Meghan and I sit on the floor with her in front of me and I wrap my arms around her. I whisper in her ear very quietly,

"I'm here Princess, you will always be safe around me."