89. Baby Shower

Charlie's POV:
I hear my phone ringing violently on my nightstand. I move my arm from underneath Meghan, careful not to wake her up, and walk into the hallway with my phone in hand. The darkness of the hallway is lit up when I answer my phone.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Charlie!" Emmy yells through the phone, hurting my eardrum.

"Shhh! Meghan is finally asleep, she was up late last night because of the pain from the babies." I say quietly.

"Great that she's asleep, bad that happened." She says her voice getting quieter with each word.

"Why did you call?" I ask, Emmy always gets off topic and seems to talk for hours without even talking about the reason she called.

"Oh yeahhhhh. I need two favors." She says, I roll my eyes and rub my temples with my free hand.

"What are they? You already found out my bank account information." I sigh.

"I need to know what baby gender Meghan is having and I need you to distract her until the baby shower." She says excited.

"Well, we don't want to know the genders so just get like gold or something and I can manage that." I say walking to our recording studio. I find a pen and a notepad and sit down in my chair.

"Great! It's at the Hilton's hotel ballroom and we want her there by 3 PM." She says excitedly. I write down the information on the notepad and put it in my pocket.

"Okay bye Emmy!" I say and hang up, not waiting for a reply. I stroll back into our room and I don't see Meghan on our bed. I look around and end up at the bathroom. I hear the water going and relax. I go into our walk in closet and pick out a nice outfit to wear and look through Meghan's things. Well, I know one activity to keep her occupied. Shopping. She needs the best baby shower dress ever. I hear the bathroom door open and I stroll into the bedroom.

"Hey babe, what are you so dressed up for?" Meghan asks.

"We are going shopping and then having lunch." I say handing her a loose t-shirt and jogging pants to wear for the time being.

"Oh, lunch date!" She says excitedly. I nod and head downstairs so I can wait for her to change. She comes down a few minutes later and we head to the mall. I open the door for her and we walk in hand in hand.

"So dress or what should I buy?" She asks looking at store mannequins.

"A dress, price doesn't matter today." I say sweetly. She smiles, gives me a peck on the cheek, and heads into Dress Barn. Meghan looks around while I wait in a chair. She finds a few dresses and goes inside to try them on. She comes back a few minutes later wearing this dress,

 She comes back a few minutes later wearing this dress,

"What do you think?" She asks. I shake my head and she strolls back into the changing room. We develop a sort of a game where she comes out and I give her a thumbs up or thumbs down. So far we have narrowed it down to two dresses,