Angels & Vendettas

Back in the city, the remaining holders were fighting a group of about fifty warriors whose abilities were very close to their own-the last battalion. On top of that they had to be on guard for Krystaliale and Fanarbey! The last battalion was so similar to the council of holders that each one that died left the others stronger. Djen had taken charge of command and they were all happy to listen to her. Her strategy was to avoid one to one confrontations. They had to fight as a unit and stay as close as possible to each other. Everyone had their weapons drawn, they were holding nothing back. Here they were right next to the remnants of the repose dial in the centre of the city; a perfect reminder of the wounds sustained in this war that even time would never be able to heal.

Dominus' rod had transformed into a lightning bolt with sparks completely covering his arms up to the shoulders. Djen's wand had morphed into a thin black blade with a dark aura around it. Soycoss developed two white lines in her hair from front to back, her eyes glowed white and she was engulfed by a spherical force field. Chronomus became a lot younger with copper hair and wielded a body length sword. Claspem remained the same. Feblyssa's whip turned red hot. Takerine's hands began to glow!                                                                       

"Remember, this is not about those who are gone. It's not about the past but the future. It's about us and those who will come after. If we do this for the wrong reasons, we're not any different from them! I'm not saying you shouldn't be angry...just that your anger should not control you. This is a fight for a way of life, a fight for our city. The-" Djen spoke but she was interrupted by a sudden attack before she could finish what she was saying. The first five warriors to attack were cut into halves by Dominus' lightning bolts and again by Feblyssa's whip. Even with the numbers against them, the holders were managing more than just fine. But this wasn't a game and there were no rules whatsoever. Krystaliale and Fanarbey leapt right in with flames and shadows. The red queen cast a circle of flames around them-burning inwards. All the shadows within the ring came to life and sided with the warriors-their opponents had more than doubled! She was willing to do anything to win, including burning all her men. It was obvious that they had to change their strategy immediately or they risked losing the fight and their lives. Chronomus struck his sword into the marble and everyone disappeared from the ring except Dominus.

Out of thin air, the holders were re-formed in different parts of the city very far away from the fire ring but along with their antagonists. Dominus extinguished the ring of fire by setting off his own ring of sparks and then he was face to face with Krystaliale.                                                                                     

"You were right fifteen years ago..." he said as he moved forward towards her, "You were not strong enough to fight but you should never have lost everything. But look at you right now...would she still want to call you 'mother'?"                                                                        

"My daughter is dead!" She shouted, "Do not bring her into this!!"

"Is that it? Is it why you want to destroy the world?!" Dominus asked. "Do you want your vengeance?"                                                                                                                    

"As you said, I was not strong back then...but now I am!" Krystaliale responded without answering any of the questions. Maybe all the questions were totally irrelevant of perhaps she didn't have any answers but all the same, she wasn't here for a quiz. Before Dominus could say another word, she made a swift stroke trying to do away with his head. He however saw through her plot and blocked the blazing sword with his lightning bolt sending massive electric shocks through her un-insulated hand. The red queen quickly moved several steps back to correct the defects in her original plan of action.