IT's Alright Djen...

Jim continued into the corridor just as he had been told. And also  attempted to focus on only Djen. It turned out to be easy -sort of reflexive.  Before long, he could see images of a lady in his mind...like he had seen her  before. The walls of the corridor began to scintillate and burst into rays of very  bright white light. In an instant, the light normalised and the surroundings had  changed. Instead of the corridor, it was a large room with red walls. The air smelt  though you couldn't really tell if the whiff was pleasant or not. A deeper scrutiny of the scent would reveal four or five distinct 'sub scents'; incense, blood, paint  and burning wood or rubber. A thin smoke filled the room from the cooling   embers that were scattered all over the floor. The table, a huge round wooden one   in the centre of the room could easily be ignored due to the many distractions.  

"You are Creed...I presume..." a voice said from out of nowhere. It was   authoritative and feminine. Turning around, Jim saw the voicer- a lady with long   white hair and pale blue eyes. She had a tall imposing slim figure and a plain   unreadable face which seemed like it had seen many years. Had it seen many years?!-Jim wondered.  

"Yes ma'am...I am." He replied.  

"Hmmm...so you've met Soycoss..." she spoke while slowly moving towards the  table. "...she adores scaring."  

The lady was Djen and just like Soycoss, she wore robes though hers were red   and the belt blue.   "Yes ma'am she does..." Jim responded.

 "Bring the girl and place her on the table..."Djen instructed.  

"Ok ma'am...right away..." He spoke. Djen looked at him and made sure he saw  her face as she did- a threatening face it was!  

"Creed! The next time you call me ma'am...will be the last." She promised- she was clearly not bluffing. Jim was a bit confused, what was he supposed to call  her?! He stood there staring quietly as Djen went about her work. She examined  the subject thoroughly from head to toe (toe to head actually). There was a dead   silence as Djen did the examination which did not seem to bother her probably  because she was used to and enjoyed working in silence. But Jim was losing his  mind, he barely ever kept quiet except when he was eating and the few times he  did...there were other people speaking.  

"Is she dead?!" He asked and finally broke the disturbing silence. Jim was not  really expecting an answer, he just wanted...needed a sound in the hall!  

"No," Djen answered to his surprise. "If she was dead, you wouldn't be seeing  her..."  

"But her heart...wasn't beating..."Jim pointed out.  

"Then why did you bring her here?!" Djen asked. "Was it for funeral rites?!"  

"No." Jim answered well aware that the questions were not begging for answers.  

"A friend said you are the best...and that you could help her."   Djen didn't seem to be moved by the compliment. In fact, she acted as though  nothing had been spoken.  

"It's just a concussion..." Djen said. "The kind that only one in a thousand  survive..."  

"She is lucky..." Jim commented.  

"No, not lucky." Djen disagreed. "Strength ensures survival, Creed. Not luck."

 "Is she strong?!" He asked- a dumb question really. Djen ignored the question and  went on with her work. She placed her stretched out right hand above Breala's  head and pointed her index finger of the same hand, to the floor. A small fire lit  up at the spot where Djen pointed. After this seemingly meaningless act, Djen  walked away...  

"Will she be alright?!" Jim asked- concerned that Breala had not got the help he  had hoped she would from Djen.  

"Who knows..." Djen answered. "Maybe she won't..."  

"But...but they said you could help...heal her!" Jim spoke in a tone of fading  hope.  

"Heal her?!" Djen replied as she walked out of the hall. "I am not a healer...I do not heal..."   Jim was left confused in the hall somewhere between the doorway and the table  where Breala lay in body. He was totally confused and hopeless. A lot of time had  been lost coming here where he had seemingly got nothing close to the assistance he had hoped for. If Breala's life was in grave danger all that while back, how  much more was it in at that moment?! But Strost had told him that Djen was the  best healer!! Why was she saying she wasn't a healer?! Did she require some sort   of payment...or was Strost wrong?! There wasn't any time left to waste so, Jim  decided to pursue Djen. If it was payment she wanted, he would trade  something...anything he could even the sword if need be for Breala's life. If she could not help...no, that wouldn't happen-it was totally un-ideal. With the   payment agreed upon by conscience and heart, Jim rushed towards the door in  pursuit of Djen the healer. As he walked out of the hall...  

"Creed..." he heard a voice he knew all too well. "They took...her...they took the  Krichnd... "   He didn't have to turn around, he knew exactly who was speaking. It was a voice   he had very much hoped to hear again...very many more times. A melody that   made his heart sing with joy and his lips curve in a smile. 'Wait' he thought. 'did  she just say...they took HER!!'

Thanks a lot for reading. I hope you enjoyed the part:)

           -Constino