Fiery Wind

"Fate is never late or early" Constino

Shortly, the city was covered in a dust cloud from all the debris of collapsing buildings. Everyone could only see as far as their own hands. It had been established that Djen wasn't responsible for the tremors and the general direction of the source had been determined-the eastern gate. All eyes were awaiting the emergence from the cloud. The quakes stopped suddenly but the dust cloud remained visible. Hooves could be heard on the marble walks of the city of peace. A white stallion emerged with his rider.                                                   

"Hello everyone, I hope I did not interrupt anything important..." the rider spoke as he stepped down-he was James Thomas Creed also known as Jim.              

"Smooth, that was a totally dramatic entrance!!" Strost neighed.                                   
"I know right! That's exactly what I was going for!" Jim responded. 
"And who might you be?!" Krystaliale asked. Jim delayed his reply as he stepped forward dramatically.               
"Some people might say I'm a hero..." Jim responded, "But I'm just a simple guy, totally down to earth."
"How modest!" Krystaliale mocked him, "Tell me...why would anyone think you're a hero?!"                                           
"Umm...it's a pretty long story! But the short version is; the good guys were totally outnumbered by the bad guys and then I just showed up and saved the day." Jim explained. His explanation did not make any sense. The red queen laughed out loud sarcastically at what she assumed could only be a joke-a bad one. Jim wasn't amused! He wasn't being taken very seriously at the moment...         

"You don't seem to be taking me seriously!" he made his thoughts known to Krystaliale. The red queen moved a few steps closer...                                               
"Of course not!" She answered, "How exactly did you save the day?!"      
"With a bigger army!" Jim responded confidently. The red queen didn't stop smiling-she still believed it was a joke.       
"Do you see this rusty old crown..." he said pointing to his head. For the very first time, Krystaliale saw the crown on Jim's head-she knew exactly what it was.  

"Lord of the hidden realm it says. It kind of comes with a big army."                                                            
The smile had disappeared from Krystaliale's face and so had the dust cloud from the city but there was no one standing behind Jim except Strost!  If there was an army on its way, the queen didn't want to take any chances. She would get rid of the lord of the hidden realm before his army ever arrived.
"Kill him!" She ordered her men. Some of the archers turned and shot arrows at Jim. He stood still as if there was something protecting him that no one else could see. The arrows stopped mid-air and some even shattered-they all fell to the ground.                                                                 
"I was hoping you would be reasonable enough to collect your men and leave."
Jim jabbered. All the holders were looking at him and they knew that the help they had been hoping for had arrived.                                               
"You're so arrogant!!" the queen fumed, "Attack!! Don't retreat until he's dead."                                              
"Strost, I think she's very annoyed right now." Jim said to Strost.                                                  
"You have a way of annoying people...effortlessly!" Strost responded.                                 
"Hey! What did I do?! I was just trying to reason with her!" Jim argued.     
"You didn't exactly come waving a white flag." Strost pointed out.                                         
"Well, I was hoping she had a white flag she'd be willing to wave considering our army is a lot bigger than hers and...it's invisible!" He defended his course of action. "Huh! Perhaps the invisibility is a problem in a way."                 
"Touché" Strost neighed.                                       
"Guys, they have refused to acknowledge that the war was lost for them the moment you arrived. They have even refused to believe that you're here. It's
time to make believers and lights of them all. Let this be the day they won't live to remember. Let it be the day...umm. I guess what I'm trying to say is...ATTACK!!!" Jim shouted amidst cheers from his invisible merry men. The armies clashed. The red army ran blindly towards Jim-they couldn't see the force they would have to overcome to reach him.                                                                        
"That was a nice speech!" Strost neighed.                                                                                   
"Thanks! I free styled it. I might have a bright future in politics." Jim responded.                     
"What is politics?!" Strost asked.                                         
"I'm not very sure." Jim answered, "But it has a lot to do with deceit and justification of huge unwarranted salaries."                                             
"Doesn't sound very honourable." Strost commented.                                                                   
"Ironically-honourable is what they call themselves!" Jim disclosed. Krystaliale's men kept being slashed and diced into splatters of bright light. It was no war at all-more of a slaughter. They were completely helpless against their opponents and even though she couldn't care less what happened to them, the humiliation was not something she could take. Not even she could see the army that had
bested hers but she could see the boy and that was an agreeable avenue for her to vent out her anger. She leaped up in the air and attempted to bring her sword down on Jim's head.                                              
"Look out!" Strost neighed at Jim and he immediately fell out of the sword's way. The queen's sword hit the floor and burnt a massive crack into the marble.              
"Thanks Strost!" Jim said as he got back on his feet. By then, Krystaliale was already preparing for second attack. Her blade was burning blue and her eyes filled with rage. She swung her blade to cut Jim but Strost jumped into its path and blocked it with his wings pushing her back several metres.        
"Thanks again Strost..." Jim uttered, "But I will need you to step aside from now on. For some reason this fight is personal for her which makes it personal for me-the battle of wind and fire."                                                        
He unsheathed his sword and wind whirled around it and around his body. Strost understood Jim's request but he was afraid of what the outcome of the match up would be. Jim moved forward prepared to attack and Krystaliale also moved towards him. When their swords clashed, an enormous amount of energy spread through the city. Fire lit up buildings behind Jim well as wind brought down structures on the other side of the fight scene. The fight could already be identified as a very destructive one! As they both struggled to get loose from the stalemate, Jim saw it near the handle of Krystaliale's sword-the purple vicssorn. They were more alike; her and him than he had imagined.
Finally, they were able to break free and push each other back. Jim had a lot of questions. Questions he couldn't ask.

Hey!! Thanks a lot for your time;)
-Constino