Halo de esperanza

PART 53: Halo Of Hope. As the 1000 fighters take on a massive army, it soon becomes clear that they never stood a chance. Just as all hope seems to be pointless, they manage to activate the halo of slakav which gives the city another chance to survive the enemies' attacks.

Having seen the number of bodies they had to protect the city, Dominus  realised that the situation was just as bad as he thought. It was time to decide what was most important and that's what would be protected the most. He had to address the council about his findings. All the holders had stayed in the hall awaiting further instruction.                                                                                                                              

"One of you killed Xu-a good man...I don't know why anyone would do that! Xu's death left us at a disadvantaged in a war that was inevitable. Now, I'm giving each and every one of you the benefit of doubt... " Dominus gave an emotional address to the holders, "If and when that doubt is extinguished for anyone of you, I will hold nothing back in exterminating you."                                                                            

"Oh! What if it happens to be your baby sister or...you?!" Sormesa asked mockingly. It was a bad time for such statements but it was guaranteed that Dominus would react sensibly and Djen too.                                                                    

"I'm giving you the benefit of doubt...it's only just that you do the same for me and for one another." Dominus responded civilly.                                                                

"I was just checking...nothing personal." Sormesa declared cheekily.

"Well...now that that is done, let's discuss our options regarding this war." Dominus moved on to the next point.                                                                                                 

"Why are we in here while there's fighting out there?!" Soycoss asked the question that had been bugging her and a few others. She always wanted to be helpful and found it uncomfortable to not do so.                                                                                                                

"Exposure. We cannot afford that...it has not come to that." Djen responded to her enquiry but Soycoss wasn't satisfied with the answer.                                                                    

"Better them than us, right?!" She commented sarcastically.

"That's not it! As long as the war doesn't enter the city, we don't have a role to play." Monero explained, "If it gets into the city, it becomes our problem."                            

A soldier from the western side of the wall ran into the hall with an urgent message from the commander; the evading army had broken through most of the seals!                                

"That was ridiculously fast!" Sormesa remarked annoyingly. From the start of this crisis, he seemed to be rooting for the away team.