Chapter 4

Jimin's POV

It was late. I sat on my bed, staring at Jungkook's back as he took his clothes out of his suitcase and folded them to my closet. He hadn't mentioned his sleep talking after our talk in the downstairs and seemed now a little relaxed but not fully – well relaxed enough to take all the space I offered to him. Next he took his schoolbooks and put them to the bookshelf next to mine. He threw his pillow to his sofa bed. I had no idea why he had felt a need to bring his own pillow put apparently it was the only thing he could snuggle with at night. I had told him to get a girlfriend but he had shrugged at the idea and hugged his pillow instead.

To me it seemed like he was more close with the pillow than with Sumin.

When he was done running around the house, putting stuff to places they didn't belong, he sat on his bed and too the exact same pose I was sitting. I rolled my eyes at him and sat differently. He followed my moves. I pressed my lips together and fell on my back on the bed.

"That's not fair", I heard a voice saying from the couch. "I can't do that, the sofa is too small."

"Too bad."

Jungkook sighed heavily. "You ruined our game."

I raised my head enough to look at him and shake my head. "We don't have a game."

"Not anymore." He got up and for my surprise came to sit next to me.

I turned my head and looked at him. What was he doing? He followed me and wanted to sit next to me? At school I was the lost puppy, trying to keep up with everyone else. If I sat down, nobody would join or stop whatever they were doing. Not even if they were bored. Jungkook could do now a lot of thing instead of sitting next to me. He could go explore the town or get food. He could go to the bathroom. That's what my friends sometimes did. They went to the bathroom and never came back.

But no, he was sitting next to me, looking weirdly excided. His stare was making me feel nervous and I turned to face the wall. I didn't understand why he was looking at me. "Tell me something", he said.

"What?"

"Anything."

I groaned. "Why?"

"I'm going to live with you for months so I'm curious about you."

I stiffened. Curious? He wouldn't be if he knew me. I was pathetic. I was so pathetic and I knew it even though I tried to be strong. That's why I stayed silent.

"Heyyyy!" He poked my side and made me turn to my stomach to get away from him. A sad looked crossed his face when he saw me getting out of his reach but soon he was back smiling. "Tell me something. Please."

"There isn't much to know", I said.

He laid himself down next to me and glanced at me. "That can't be true."

I glanced back. There really was nothing special.

"Okay. Well..." He thought for a while. "Do you have any friends?"

If you can call them friends... "Yes."

"Oh, really?! I can get to know them and then we can hang out with our friends!"

That would be perfect when my friends would like Jungkook, who they had known for a day, more than me, who they had known for years. Just perfect. I was already sad that I'd had to bring Sumin and Jungkook to school and show them around. Sumin wouldn't care about my friends, I hoped, but Jungkook would. I hid my face to my blanket and grimaced. Why was my life like this...?

"Anything else? Girlfriend?" Jungkook asked.

I shook my head. How would anyone like me enough to date me?

"Are you serious?"

I turned my head to look at him since he sounded so surprised. "I can't be single?"

He nodded. "Sure you can. You're just so good-looking and all." He thought of his words for a second and blushed. "That was not supposed to come out like that..."

I laughed at his embarrassment but I stopped immediately. I had laughed. I didn't remember the last time I had actually felt like laughing. It felt strange.

Jungkook noticed my weird expression and raised his brows.

I ignored his silent question and waved him off. I jumped up from the bed and left the room. As I ran down the stairs I heard footsteps behind me. Someone grabbed my hand and made me turn around.

I tried to look calm as I looked into Jungkook's eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked, sounding worried.

Why was he worried? "Nothing. I just need to get out." I couldn't take his touch any longer so I shook him off and walked out of the door, slamming it shut behind me. I glanced at the door and made sure he wasn't following me. Then I started to run. I didn't run far, I couldn't. I stopped when I felt the tears falling down my cheeks. I stood in the middle of the road, in an absolute silence.

There was no one but me.

I wasn't sure what to feel. I was sure I was anxious. The pressure in my chest grew but I tried to hold it back. I didn't want to make a sound because someone could hear and ask.

Oh, who was I kidding? Nobody cared.

As I realized that, a sob escaped from my lips and I fell down on my knees.

Why was there a person who cared? It hurt.

It hurt to know that at some point he wouldn't anymore.