Chapter 9

Jimin's POV

I woke up to a sound of someone yelling. I yawned and my eyes fluttered open. There was a weird sight in front of me. An arm, and I was sure it wasn't mine. Then I realized something warm was pressed up against my back. I had a feeling I should remember how this all happened. When I turned around and saw still-sleeping Jungkook, it all came back. Him yelling in his sleep and then crying. Now he looked peaceful and young, just like he was supposed to look.

I put my head back on my pillow and look at his arms. The sun was up and you could easily see in the room even when the curtains were closed. I my gaze followed his arm to the top of his fingers but then something caught my attention. The light got reflected from his arm in a strange way.

I sat up carefully, making sure not to wake Jungkook up. I couldn't recall why I was up anymore but I shrugged it off and looked closely Jungkook's arm. A scar. Actually, now that I was close, I could see so many scars breaking his otherwise perfect skin. I lifted up his arm slowly, just to check his wrist. There were no scars and I let out a relived sigh. He wasn't harming himself.

But why did he have so many scars? I hadn't noticed them before because Jungkook had always worn a long-sleeved shirt. Then I remembered how yesterday he had covered himself with the towel. I had thought it was just because he was insecure. And he was always already under the covers when I went to sleep or it had been too dark for me to see. If it wasn't self-harm – which it didn't look like – why was he hiding it? Right now it looked like he had walked through a spikey bush in a tank top. Well, a very spikey bush, because some of the scars looked deeper and older than the others.

Did Sumin know about this? Did anyone?

Sumin...

"GUYS, I'M GOING TO GET YOU IF YOU DON'T GET DOWN HERE SOON! WE NEED TO LEAVE IN 5!" Sumin shouted from downstairs.

That was what I had woken up at.

I rubbed my eyes and turned to face Jungkook. "Wake up", I muttered under my breath and pushed him from his shoulder. That only caused him to pulling himself closer to me from my waits. Oh, c'mon. I leaned closer and yelled: "Jungkook!"

"What?" he asked, not opening his eyes.

"You need to get up, we're going to be late from school."

"Huh?" He sat up slowly and rubbed his eyes. He opened them just a little bit. His eyes widened when he realized I was so close – I couldn't bring myself to push his arm from around me, he had been so upset last night – and he pulled back. He took his arm from around me. He reached for the blanket and hid his arms under it. He had no idea that I had already seen them. I didn't say a thing as he blushed but I stood up and started to get dressed.

"How much time we have?" he asked. He collapsed back to the bed, hitting his head to the headboard. He groaned and pulled the blanked over his head when I laughed at him.

It felt funny, but not as weird as last time. This time I didn't want to cry afterwards. But then came the doubts. The certainty that this wouldn't last long, that Jungkook would notice there was nothing in me and would more gladly cry in his own bed than wake up having arms around me. Then these laughs and smiles would be gone again.

He's damaged too, said a voice inside my head. He was. I didn't know what it was or why and I wasn't going to ask. I knew how unpleasant the questions were.

"Less than five minutes", I answered. "I'm going to go to eat something." As I exited the room I heard Jungkook mutter something I couldn't hear.

"Wow. You're up", Sumin said sarcastically. She handed me a cup of coffee and a fruit. "Eat."