Chapter 31

A/N: Please vote and comment and read the A/N at the end, thank you <3

Jimin's POV

I felt a little sick. Actually, I felt a lot sick, now that I knew where at least one of the scars had come. I felt stupid as well – how had I not seen this coming? He had never talked about his family and the scars didn't look like accidents. I felt so fucking stupid because I should've known: it didn't sound like Jungkook was dreaming about kittens licking him in the nights. I didn't know if all the scars had come in the same way but it still broke my heart.

I was so hurt, feeling like the dumbest person. I had spent so long crying over my mother who wasn't there for me, when Jungkook was probably glad to be away from his dad. I didn't know how his mother was, and I didn't dare to ask. He had told me a huge thing already and I didn't want to be the person to ask even more question, like the thing he had told me wasn't enough.

I swallowed and slowly moved my eyes from the scar back to his face. He was looking at me with an expression that was full of sadness and maybe fear. What was he scared off? That I'd run away? I had seen the scars so many times before.

"Jungkookie", I breathed out and a tear fell on my cheek before I was able to stop it.

Jungkook raised his hand immediately and swept the tear away. He looked pained as he squeezed his eyes shut and took my hand in his. He opened his mouth before closing it again, jaw tightening. I knew he was feeling bad but I had no idea what to do. It looked like he had no idea either. That's why we sat on the bed, hand in hand, me silently crying and Jungkook probably deep in his past.

I didn't want that. I could already see he had had a terrible past, I didn't want him to live it again. I wanted him to leave it behind him and be with me now in this moment.

"Jungkookie", I whispered and squeezed his hand slightly.

His eyes fluttered open, looking so incredibly sad my heart smashed into pieces. His eyes were shining from the pooled tears and he sniffed loudly, the voice echoing in the silent room. He looked so young, so broken. His voice shook when he got the words out of his mouth. "S-Should I n-not have told-d you?" He looked so sad but there was a little bit of regret in his eyes.

He would not have wanted to tell me. I felt even worse now. He regretted telling me. But why? What had I done? I just stared at Jungkook to the point where he couldn't look at me anymore and turned his gaze away to the floor. I didn't know how to fix this. I wanted him to know he could always tell me about anything. "No", I said quietly. "I'm happy you told me."

He shook his head slowly. "N-Now you pity m-me..." His voice started as strong but shaky and it ended up as a broken whisper.

"No, I don't", I said immediately. Jungkook raised his head to look at me and shook his head like he didn't believe me. I frowned because I didn't, not at least like he thought, so I said it out loud. "I don't. Not at least in the way you think." I wanted to pull him into a hug so bad when he tilted his head in confusion. "Yes, I feel bad that this has happened to you, I don't know even how it happened and you don't have to tell me, but I'm not pitying you. There's a huge difference. I... I understand pain, probably not in the same way as you and it kills me how selfish I've been, but I understand. And I want to understand even more, if you want to tell me."

He sobbed and let go of my hand. For a second my heart stopped beating because I was so scared I had said something bad, something that could ruin everything, but then he threw his arms around me and hugged me against his chest. He pressed his face on the crook my neck and I could feel the tears falling down on me. I didn't care. I wrapped my arms around him and soothed his back.