Chapter 61

A/N: Hello I'm the most disappointing author out there but don't let it stop you from commenting and voting, I need it :( (ps there's some aggressive exclamation points in the end so please read it thank you)

Jungkook's POV

"So, how's the lover boy doing?"

"Who?" I questioned as I tried to move out of Namjoon's way and take my shoes off at the same time. I ended up throwing my shoes back to the hall after bouncing half way to the kitchen on one foot.

Kinam raised his brows at me. "Umm... You?"

Me? I mouthed and pointed myself.

"Who else here has a love life?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Not you, that's all I know."

"Hey!" Kinam pouted. "If that wasn't so true, it would've hurt my feelings." He dramatically pressed his chest in fake pain.

I could hear Namjoon scoff from the kitchen. "What feelings..."

Kinam ended up crunching his nose at Namjoon's words but didn't fight back. I wondered if it was actually something, but people now having dated at my age was really nothing. Maybe it was Kinam trying to be careful with his brother. I knew they liked to tease each other but I could see how Kinam was also really worried about Namjoon.

Namjoon walked out from the kitchen and leaned on the doorway, watching first his brother struggle with his coat before moving his gaze to me. "But really, how are you and Jimin doing?"

I decided to answer honestly. Namjoon was Jimin's friend, after all. "I'm worried about him."

Namjoon seemed surprised. His pose went from relaxed to tense and his brows fell into a frown. "Why? He seems happy with you."

As much as I hoped that just my... love could make everything okay in Jimin's life, I knew it wasn't realistic. "He's happy with me, at least I hope so..."

"You don't know the Jimin we saw in school before you came along", Namjoon said softly.

I nodded. "I don't, but I've heard stories."

"You must mean a lot to him for having such a huge impact."

But Jimin had a void that had been empty for years. It's not that I didn't want to fill it. I didn't know if I was capable of doing so. Was I enough? I wasn't whole either. The so-called love I had received for a long time had been messed up in many ways. I shook my head at my thoughts. However it was, nothing could stop me from trying. "Ah..." I sighed awkwardly, trying to think of something else to say. "How are you and Jin?"

"The same... When he's not around, I feel like I can finally breathe. But then I see him at school", he sighed, "and it's like someone is squeezing my heart. I think he has gotten the 'don't touch me, don't talk to me' message, though..." Namjoon smiled like it was okay. I knew it wasn't.

"So... Nothing is better, then?"

"Oh, something is!" Namjoon faked his excitement. "From how quickly he gave up on me and has gone to totally ignoring me, I can see the sign that he never cared for me even more clearly and I no more have to deal with Yoongi trying to tell me that Jin cared."

I gritted my teeth. "That's..." Depressing. "Great."

"Isn't it?" Namjoon showed me a thumbs-up. "Now I don't have to cry myself for sleep because of doubt. One down, two hundred more to go." Namjoon started to walk towards his room and I knew his smile slipped off his face as soon as his back turned on me and his brother.