Chapter 47

A/N: (This is a little late (it's like 1am) because apparently "there're more important things for you to do". Thanks mom.) I have a beautiful (?) speech at the end so read it if you want. Votes and comments are always more than appreciated <3

Jungkook's POV

"Wow, has someone died?"

It was probably not the best time for Sumin to pop out of the kitchen and not feel the atmosphere first before opening her mouth. I flinched at her words, knowing one thing about Sumin. She could be the most considerate person 99% of the time. But the one percent always happened at the worst times. She always somehow acted like Jimin in math class (sorry, babe) when there was something wrong, and she always made someone cry. "Who's the pretty girl you're giving flowers to?" she had once asked. I had been going to my grandma's funeral, and her words had made my mom burst into tears.

Namjoon didn't really cry because he probably was all out of tears, but he did drop his head down at stare at the floor, where we had just spent fifteen minutes to raise his gaze from.

Jimin and I turned to look at Sumin, Jimin more terrified than me. I was shaking my head slowly at Sumin with my best not-like-this-Sumin face. It was perfect for these kind of situations. Though, I thought the heavy silence was enough to let Sumin know she had messed up.

She let her eyes check every person before landing on Namjoon. She covered her mouth in panic and her eyes went wide before she rushed to Namjoon's side. "I'm so sorry!" she whispered. "I was..." But she had no excuse and she ended up wrapping one arm around Namjoon, whom she had never met, while her other hand was hitting her head.

Namjoon looked up in surprise but smiled at Sumin softly and pulled her hitting hand away from her head. "It's fine..."

"No, it's not... I'm so sorry... Guys!" Sumin narrowed her eyes at the rest of us in despair. "You could've warned me."

"Well," Yoongi stated, "no one actually is dead."

"A lot people are dead", Jimin said and I covered his mouth with my hand.

"No one is but something is", Namjoon said darkly.

Sumin let out a breath. She relaxed now that she knew she hadn't totally screwed up. "What is dead?" she asked and patted Namjoon's head.

"Love."

"Oh." She pouted. "Why is that?"

"His boyfriend broke up with him", Yoongi said slowly, carefully checking Namjoon's reaction.

Namjoon's gaze was empty, and it made me glance at Jimin. He always looked the same when it was time to eat. He moved the food around his place and occasionally smiled when Sumin or I talked to him. Just like with Namjoon, I always knew his mind was never fully there but on something more dark. The fact "doesn't like to eat" had made to my Things I knew about Park Jimin list, not-so-proudly at number 32. It had been "doesn't like food" at first but that was a lie. There was nothing in food as long as it wasn't going to his stomach, or that's what it seemed to like me. It made my heart ache.

"Okay... That's doesn't mean that love is dead, right?" Sumin asked softly from Namjoon.

I was still 'glancing' (staring) at Jimin. He was looking at Sumin in awe. I knew the feeling, I had done the same many times. She was just so good with people. Well, 99% of the time. But Jimin... He was good with people too, in his own way. He always thought about the people he cared about. He was scared that him not eating would hurt Sumin's feelings, and didn't think about what not eating did to his health. Or maybe he did, but he never voiced it out like his worries about other people.