#26: The Writer And The Artist

{^AMBIENCE INCLUDED^}

Yes, I know. There are a lot of time skips in this. I have written it this way purposely, to switch scenes without rambling. Almost like a movie. The morning is extra long, meant to capture how much it means to the main character and Gerard.

(PRESS PLAY)

The sun peeked through the window, reaching out and opening my eyes. It was morning. The familiar scent of lavender filled the room, from the oil that I had put on last night to help Gerard and I have a better night's sleep. The last remains of my peaceful dream faded away as my mind woke from its sleep. I remembered walking through a meadow with Gerard, our hands intertwined.

I looked over at him. He was cocooned in the covers, embraced in the comfort. The innocence showed on his face, and all of the worry lines on his forehead were gone. All of his muscles were at ease. Not a spasm, twitch, or jolt interrupted the steady rise and fall of his chest as he breathed.

Time stood still as my eyes began to wander around the room. The same, dark umber walls that I saw every day seemed brand new. I didn't plan on moving an inch of my body any time soon.

I felt the bed shift slightly, and Gerard turned to face me. He was awake.

"Good morning, sweetheart," I told him with a grin.

He blinked his eyes and moved closer, burrowing his head into my neck. "Good morning." He mumbled the words against my skin, the corners of his lips curving upward in a smile.

I snaked my arms around him, without a trace of tension in my body. He moved even closer up against my chest and closed his eyes. He was so warm.

"I am not moving from this spot. Ever. I hope you realize that," I said to him softly with a quiet laugh.

"Good," he replied, his warm breath hitting my neck. "I'm not moving either."

It was minutes before we both slipped into oblivion again.

***

"Gerard, hey, wake up." I rubbed his back. "I'm gonna go make some breakfast. Okay?"

I was about to sit up, but he opened his eyes and pulled me back. He pulled me back so that I was laying on him, our faces inches apart. "You said you weren't moving," he said jokingly with a half-smile.

I leaned down to kiss him on the lips. His hands held the sides of my face, making me want to let him melt into me again. Our lips stayed attached for a few more seconds before I pulled away.

"Alright, alright." I laughed. "I'm gonna go. Spinach frittata sound okay?"

He nodded. "Sounds perfect. I'll be out in a minute. You treat me so well."

"I like cooking good meals. It's satisfying." I laughed and messed up his hair before getting up and walking to the kitchen.

I missed his touch immediately.

I began preparing breakfast, taking out the spinach, eggs, tomatoes, and cheese from the fridge. I decided to spice it up today and added Parmesan and garlic. As I mixed the ingredients into the eggs, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.