#21: Finding Your Best Friend Dead

^ {AMBIENCE INCLUDED} ^

As you can tell by the title... Beware. I used they/them self because I don't know your guys' friends. Also, please comment some songs (by any band/artist) that I could write an imagine based on, because I'd like to start writing some happier imagines.

{PRESS PLAY}

"Gerard!" I screamed into the phone. He was the first person I called. He would know what to do.

"Hey, whoa, what's happening?" He immediately said.

"I-I can't even-"

"I need you to calm down and tell me what's happening," he replied anxiously.

I couldn't believe what I saw. I was at their house, and outside in their backyard I saw something horrifying. They hung them self. From the rope. Tied to a tree.

"My best friend hanged them self..." I was in too much shock to scream again.

"Oh my god, I'm coming right now. Don't go anywhere," he told me, fear in his voice. He knew where my best friend lived. He's picked me up from there hundreds of times.

Where would I go? Away. I wanted to run away.

After hanging up on him, I shouted in anger and threw myself against the wall, tears pouring out of my eyes. When my collarbone slammed into the wall, I yelled out again, frustrated with the world, and fell to my knees.

Minutes passed, and Gerard finally came. He rushed over to me, Mikey right behind him. "Calm down," was the first thing he said.

But I couldn't. Not after what they did. How could they leave me like this?

He started rubbing my collarbone calmly, and I immediately told him to stop, and that I was hurt there.

Gerard still had one arm tightly wrapped around my waist, and with the other he pulled the collar of my flannel to see my collarbone. "It's not bad. It's just a small bruise. Can you tell me what happened?" He asked in a soft voice.

"I threw myself into the wall. I'm just so upset," I replied hesitantly. "I-I'm fine though. It's not the real problem."

He sighed. "You're right. As long as you're okay."

I grit my teeth and was nearly growling. "How could I be okay if my best friend just killed them self?"

"Hey, please don't get angry with me. It's not the real problem, remember? I know what it's like to lose someone," Gerard told me. "Trust me... I've lost so many people."

He had his arms around me, his hands calmly stroking my hair. I wanted him to stop. Nothing really mattered anymore. I didn't have my best friend on this earth anymore. I lost one of the most important person in my life.

Mikey peered out the window. "Oh my god.."

"Don't look at it," I snapped at him, teary-eyed. "Why the hell would you look?"

"I-I don't know I just..." His voice faded. He turned away from the window and sighed. "I'm so sorry."

I shook my head. "Saying sorry to me won't bring my friend back."

"Hey," Gerard called me out. "You can't be angry about this, okay? I know I said it already." He unwrapped his arms and put them over my hands.

I wanted to say "how could I not be angry?", but I knew that it wouldn't help anything. It would only make Gerard and Mikey more frustrated with me.

Gerard embraced me again. "I'll help you get through this. Even if it takes years. I will never leave your side."

Authors Note:

This is exactly how I would feel if one of my friends/best friends had killed themselves. Anger, sorrow, all of that. I am sorry if I upset anyone, but I just needed to write this as a message to people who don't think that their friends would care.

If there's anything to take out of this, make sure you think twice before you act. Think about how it can effect your friends.