#20: Paranoia (pt. 4)

^ { AMBIENCE INCLUDED} ^

{PRESS PLAY}

Gerard ended up falling asleep with me in his arms on the couch. He slept for a good two hours. Mikey was awake, and I could tell because I could hear 21 Guns playing across the hall.

It felt nice to be in Gerard's arms again, after all that happened. I was laying on my back, but he was under me and he rested his chin on my shoulder. My head and my left hand were laid on his chest, and his arms were wrapped loosely around my waist.

I breathed in his warm scent and moved closer to him. I stroked his chest lightly with my pointer finger, and I immediately felt him tense up and saw his eyes flutter open. I guess that woke him up.

"Sorry," I said, smiling a little.

He smiled back. "Don't worry about it."

I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. He was so affectionate towards me, and I adored it. This man was a keeper, and all I had to do was forgive him.

I don't know if it's just my fangirl side showing, but I always pictured he would be like this. To people that aren't fans of him, he looks like a complete jerk, but he's not. He's really nice.

And I had to tell him that. So I did.

He only shrugged as a response. "Do I hear Green Day?"

"Don't change the subject on me," I laughed. "Seriously, you are talented. I love your voice more than any other singer. Your drawings and paintings and comics are so amazing and unique. When you talk your voice is always so calming, and the way your lip goes up when you talk is pretty cute." I blushed again.

He exhaled and closed his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing's wrong, I am just not a big fan of when people say that I'm talented. It's because most people who do say that I am talented never take the time to appreciate themselves as well. Everyone has talent, not just me," Gerard said to me.

"I-I don't really have talent," I spit out. "I don't sing, I don't play music, draw, write, nothing really. I'm just me. And that's fine by me."

"You do have a talent, you just haven't found it yet. It could be any of the things you mentioned. I just want you to believe in yourself," he said.

I smiled. "Maybe, I don't know. I'll find it sooner or later."

He smiled back. "I'm sure you will."

"Hey Gerard?" I asked. "Can I show you something?"

"Sure," he sat up and I moved off of him.

"Okay, close your eyes," I giggled and took his hand as he closed his eyes. I led him to my bedroom, right in front of my My Chemical Romance shrine. "You can open them now."

He opened his eyes, and then chuckled.

"Don't judge, I'm a fangirl," I blushed for like the tenth time today.

"No I won't judge, this is cool!" He looked at all the stuff. I had posters, bracelets, albums, vinyls, a pile of neatly folded black MCR shirts, and some recently added Kerrang! magazine cutouts from interviews with the band. "You took the time to get all this stuff?"

"Yeah, I'm kinda dedicated. My parents send me quite a lot of money," I tell him.

"Where are they now?" Gerard asks.

"They're halfway across the world. They started a business selling whatever shitty thing they invented. They send me checks in the mail once every couple months. We haven't talked in two years. They've been always 'too busy' to answer their phones or emails when I tried to message them. They kinda think I still live with my cousin," I said biting my lip a little. "H-how are her and Frank doing?"

"They decided to take a break from each other," He started. "I think that's best for them. After you and Mikey left the hospital last night, she got angry and took it out verbally on Frank. She kept saying that it was his fault. I'm sorry, I haven't heard much about her. Frank has been pretty quiet though."

I nodded slowly. Was them splitting up for better or for worse?