#19: Paranoia (pt. 3)

^ {AMBIENCE INCLUDED} ^

{PRESS PLAY}

Gerard's Perspective

I knocked. No answer. I knocked twice. No answer. I banged. No answer.

"Damnit!" I gritted my teeth, getting frustrated. Instantly regretted that. I heard the door slowly creak open, to Viera peeking out at me. "I-I'm sorry..."

"I-It's fine. I'm assuming you want to come in?" She asked.

I nodded slowly and she let me in. "Where's Mikey?" I said, looking around her living room. I called him about ten times last night and he wouldn't even make an attempt to answer. I messed up pretty bad, and I was sorry. Really sorry.

"He went to the store. He left about fifteen minutes ago, he should be back soon," she said.

"Okay," I reply, and there was immediate awkward silence. "Look, I'm really sorry," I said softly. I didn't know what else to say. I had to get it out sooner or later.

She sighed. "I know you are."

"I really mean it, I'm sorry. I was so stupid to keep this from you. Y-you know, she said it would hurt you if you found out and I didn't want to do that," I poured my heart out.

"I've been living a lie for two years, Gerard, how would you feel?" She looked at me.

Okay, I don't really know how or why I got the guts to do this but I got on my knees and begged for her forgiveness. "Please, I want to make it up to you. I am really, really sorry."

She smiled weakly down at me and hesitated before saying "Okay, I forgive you, no need for you to get all dramatic. That was pretty cute though."

A heavy weight lifted off my back. A heavy weight called guilt was pressed on me, and it was a relief that it was now gone. I smiled halfway and got back on my feet, and I could feel my face blush to a deep shade of red. I still couldn't believe I did that, but hey, at least I gained her forgiveness. "Thank you. Though, I didn't really plan on that last part happening."

She laughed a little and put her arms around the back of my neck. "It was really sweet, Gerard. It wasn't all your fault anyways. I was really angry and jumped to conclusions too quickly. I know you were just trying to protect me, and I-I kinda missed you." She leaned over to kiss my cheek.

"I missed you too," I said to her, smiling like a dork.

I kissed her on the lips softly, slowly sliding my arms around her waist. She kissed me back softly, smiling into the kiss.

"Whoa, looks like you two made up," I heard a voice from behind us. Mikey.

She jumped back a little, blushing. "Uh, yeah. You should've seen him, getting on his knees and begging for me to forgive him. I guess I jut couldn't say no."

Mikey smiled and stepped around us with a couple shopping bags in his hands and went inside. "That's good. I'm glad you guys are cool now. And um, Gerard? Are we cool now too?"

"Of course," I said and pat his shoulder gently. "We're cool."

"Yay!" She replied, and I pecked at her lips again. "I like when things are cool."

"Me too," I swept her off her feet and carried her to the couch.

Mikey blushed. "I ship it."