#12: Desert Song

^ {AMBIENCE INCLUDED} ^

{PRESS PLAY}

I showed up at the beach, just as Gerard had told me to do

I showed up at the beach, just as Gerard had told me to do. This would be the first time that we would see each other since the tour started. I dressed in a strapless maroon dress that went just below my knees, and black velvet heels. When I arrived at the beach, the horizon was the first thing I saw. The sky was an indigo color, with the last bits of sunlight creating sweet orange streaks in the sky.

Glancing down at the sand, I kicked off my heels. My toes curled in the sand, and I noticed a small red rose on the ground. Feeling confused, I picked it up and then looked to the right to see more roses forming a trail. This had Gerard written all over it.

I followed the trail of roses, grabbing them as I walked along. The sound of an acoustic guitar playing familiar chords was audible in the distance. I squinted my eyes to see further away and kept walking.

Soon enough, I reached Frank, who was playing the acoustic guitar. A dozen roses were now in my hands. Frank's half-grin was welcoming, and he was dressed nicer than I had ever seen him dressed up. He motioned over to the side with his head, and I spotted Gerard. We were nearly fifty feet apart.

I didn't even realize that we were running towards each other. The two of us were beaming at each other, and I dropped the roses to jump into his arms. My legs wrapped around his waist, and he spun me around while we both laughed blissfully.

"It's so great to finally be back with you," Gerard muttered in my ear, holding the back of my neck and head.

I leaned my forehead against his. "I'm glad you're back."

After a few minutes of kissing, he put me down and gazed into my eyes with the most benevolent look on his face. Frank walked over, playing the same song again, that I recognized to be Desert Song. Behind him were Ray, Mikey, and Bob who all had charming appearances as well.

Gerard took my left hand and wrapped his other arm around my waist. I did the same, as we slowly swayed to the sound of Frank's harmonious guitar.

Our eyes admired each other. The slow pulse of the song matched our hearts, beating peacefully.