#18: Paranoia (pt. 2)

^ {AMBIENCE INCLUDED} ^

{Trigger warning: brief suicidal thoughts}

{PRESS PLAY}

There was a small knock on the door and Gerard's eyes immediately focused on it. He moved off of me and sat down on the hospital bed next to me, wrapping an arm around my waist.

In came Frank, and someone who I never thought would want to talk to me again, my cousin. Her face and hair brought back the memories of two years ago, when we were roommates and acted like best friends.

Frank smirked a little at us when he saw Gerard holding me. Gerard shot him the not-funny-man look, and Frank just chuckled.

"Oh my gosh what happened?" She asked, looking me in the eyes.

I just shook my head. "I've got stitches in the back of my head and it hurts pretty bad, that's all I know." Lies. Again.

I then looked down and saw Frank and my cousin holding hands. I gave them both a confused glance.

"I have something to tell you," she told me nervously.

I furrowed my eyebrows. I was definitely not prepared for what she was going to say to me.

"So when I got married and moved out," she started. "You were really sick on the wedding day and didn't come, remember?"

I nodded. "I never even met your husband anyways."

Frank and my cousin looked at each other and held up their left hands, showing silver wedding rings.

I blinked in confusion. "You've been hiding it from me the whole time?"

She looked down and then nodded.

"Gerard, you knew about this?" I asked.

He gave me a concerned look. "I-I did, but I didn't want to tell you or Mikey or Ray. Mikey was really happy about being friends with you so I-"

"Save it Gerard, I thought I could trust you. And you too Frank! I didn't plan on falling into this trap. But I did know that I couldn't trust you," I said angrily, the back of my head stinging in pain. I squirmed out of Gerard's arms and stood up. "I'm going to clear my head. Don't bother coming after me."

I left the hospital room and ran down the hallway, dodging nurses and doctors rushing around. I finally reached the top floor of the building and climbed onto the roof.

I dangled my legs over the edge with my elbows propped on my knees and my face in my hands.

Why wouldn't she tell me? It was Frank Iero that she married, and she hid it from me the whole time. For two years.

Did she think I couldn't handle it?

I didn't need this. I just woke up a half hour ago not remembering a thing that happened to my head that is currently in severe pain. I practically just made out with Gerard Way, after knowing him personally for only two days. I trusted him. I really trusted him. Yet he hid this secret from me.

I stood up on the edge of the building, looking at the city below.

I heard a voice yell out, and stumbled back, sliding off the edge a little.

Mikey ran over to me and grabbed me quickly so I wouldn't fall off the edge. "What were you thinking?" He pulled me into his arms and embraced me tightly.

"I-I don't know, I wasn't exactly trying to-" I said into his chest.

I then heard Gerard and Frank's voices calling for us. The two if them and my cousin came up on the roof to and ran over to us.

"I-I" Gerard stuttered.

"How could you hide this from her?" Mikey shouted at them.

Utter silence.

She finally spoke up. "I didn't think you would like it at first. We were both fangirls, you know? I didn't want you to be mad at me for getting married to him."

How could I have missed his, Frank was always such a great friend to me. Frank now looked at the ground, his eyes filled with guilt.

"But you kept it from me for two years," I reminded her. "Two years, and you didn't think I could handle it?"

"I-I didn't think so, but-"

"My whole life is a lie! I should have just jumped!" I shout, creating another silence.

Mikey held me tighter and then broke the silence. "No. You matter to all of us, even if some don't want to admit it."

Gerard, Frank, and her all looked at each other.

"Tell the doctors that I'm taking her home and staying with her, because I don't know who to trust anymore either," Mikey said and went back to the elevator with me still in his arms. He put me down when we were in the elevator.

"Thank you so much," I say.

"You're welcome. I really care about you, if you didn't realize yet. I'm sorry about them," he replied.

"I just thought I could trust Gerard," I breathed out. "We kissed, and I really felt something. I could tell he did too."

Mikey half-smiled. "That's cute. I kinda shipped you guys from the beginning."

"From two days ago?" I ask.

"Yeah," he smiled and we got into the car.

When we got home, Mikey was being super sweet and nice to me. He wasn't flirting, and I was very comfortable with that.

He got me an ice pack for my head and made me lay down on the couch and relax for a while until I fell asleep.

I was glad that I at least had someone to trust.