#15: Storm

^ {AMBIENCE INCLUDED} ^

{PRESS PLAY}

I woke up in a cold sweat. The booming noise was what woke me up. The flash of light electrified the room. Gerard was awake too. I turned to face him, and he smiled weakly. It was boiling hot in the bedroom, and I was wearing shorts and a sports bra.

Readjusting, Gerard and I both moved so we could lay on top of the covers. Our faces were closer now, and we looked into each other's eyes.

"It's so hot in here," I sighed. "I hate summer."

"Want me to get the fan from the basement?" He asked kindly.

I sat up. "I got it. I'll be right back."

Gerard stopped me by grabbing my arm. "Hey, be careful. That fan is pretty tall, and it's dark."

I smiled at him. "Honey, I'll be fine."

"I don't doubt that," he replied calmly. "I just had a dream a couple nights ago where something happened to you."

"I'll only be gone a minute," I bent down to kiss his head and got up.

When I returned to the bedroom, without any broken bones, I plugged the fan in and turned the dial to it's highest setting. Gerard was sprawled out on the bed, laying on his back. I laughed at him and then crawled next to him.

His arms snaked their way around me like a blanket. The room lit up again, with thunder to follow.

"That was a loud one," Gerard mumbled against my hair.

We faced each other again, and I couldn't possibly be more comfortable. My face was in his chest, and his was just above mine. Strands of red hair ticked my face, but I didn't mind it at all. Gerard's arms were thrown around my upper half, and his right leg was around my waist.

"I love you. You know that." He was mumbling again.

I said the same back to him and curled my legs up. The sound of the rain and storm were very calming to me. The room was cooler, thanks to the fan that was almost taller than me. Gerard began humming to himself, and I burrowed my head even closer to him.

Once in a while, Gerard would go soft on me. He would be physically attached to me, and I adored it. There were days where he couldn't let go of me because he was too afraid that something would happen to me if he did. I don't think anyone in the world could be sweeter than him.

"I hope you don't mind that I am not going to move," Gerard muttered

"I hope you don't mind that I am not going to move," Gerard muttered. "I am not going to let go."

I laughed. "Don't mind one bit."

"Good," he replied tiredly. "Go to sleep, love."

"Thank you," I told him.

He sniffed. "For what?"

"For telling me to sleep. Now I know that this isn't a dream. That you're really this sweet," I said. "G'night Gerard."

It wouldn't be hard to fall asleep tonight. I had him, and he had me. There was also the storm, creating an ambience that was perfect to sleep to.

Gerard continuously rubbed circles around a spot on my back. "Goodnight."