Consider it my birthday present

Start from the beginning

"Hey guys!" I greeted.

"Hey!" They replied.

"So. This is your house." Anna said.

"Yeah." Eugene replied.

"Do you want to show us around or..." Elsa asked.

"Sure." Eugene shrugged as he hopped off his chair. He showed them the kitchen, living room, bathroom, and his bedroom. We all stopped and hung out in his bedroom. Soon, the doorbell rang and Eugene went to answer it. I looked around his room and stopped at his bookshelf. I noticed a couple of oddly shaped books. I pulled them out and went back to my spot.

"What did you grab?" Kristoff asked.

"A couple of books." I replied.

"They look....different." Jack said.

"I know. That's why I'm going to read them." I smiled. Right as I was about to open the book, Eugene brought in Merida and Hiccup. I quickly hid the books so Eugene wouldn't see. I didn't know if he wanted us looking at his stuff.

"Hey guys!" They greeted.

"Hey!" We smiled.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to pack up a few things and then we can head out." Eugene said as he walked out the door.

"Okay." I answered. I quickly opened the book that appealed to me most. Tangled.

"Read it out loud." Anna smiled.

"Okay." I giggled. I clear my throat and began. "This is the story of how I died. But don't worry, this is actually a very fun story. The truth is it isn't even mine. This is the story of a girl named...." I read as I tried to find her name.

"What? What was her name?" Anna desperately asked.

"It doesn't say her name. It must have been cut out. But there's still more if you want me to continue." I said.

"Keep reading." Hiccup cheered.

"And it starts with the sun. Now once upon a time, a singe drop of sunlight fell from the heavens. And from this small drop of sun grew a magic golden flower. It had the ability to heal the sick and injured. Well, centuries passed and a hop, skip, and a boat ride away there grew a kingdom. The kingdom was ruled by a beloved king and queen. And the queen, well she was about to have a baby. But she got sick. Really sick. And she was running out of time, and that's when people usually start to look for a miracle. Or in this case, a magic golden flower." I read.

"This is awesome!" Anna cheered. Everyone shushed her as I kept reading.

"But you see, instead of sharing the sun's gift, a woman, Mother Gothel, hoarded its healing powers and used it to keep herself young for hundreds of years. And all she had to do was sing a special song." I read.

"What was the song?" Merida asked.

"Flower, gleam and glow. Let your power shine. Make the clock reverse. Bring back what once was mine, what once was mine." I read.

"Ooo!" Elsa awed.

"Keep reading!" Jack cheered. I looked back into the book and read again.

"Alright you get the gist. She sings to it, she turns young. Creepy, right? She hid the flower under a fake bush so no one could find it. When she heard the guards coming, she quickly ran away, not knowing that she knocked over the fake bush. The guards found the flower and dug it up so they could fed it to the queen. The magic of the golden flower healed the queen. A healthy baby girl, a princess was born, with beautiful golden hair. To celebrate her birth, the king and queen launched a flying lantern into the sky. And for that one moment, everything was perfect. And then that moment ended. The princess possessed the power of the magic flower in her golden hair, but once it's cut, it turns brown and loses its power. So Gothel broke into the castle, stole the child and just like that, gone!"