I glanced down at my watch and saw we had exactly two minutes to make it down into the dungeons for Potions. "Omigosh, you're right, let's go!" Cory yelped as I grabbed her arm and began towing her after me, running to Slughorn's classroom.

Sirius P.O.V.

"Where are we going? I thought we had Potions right now?" I quickly glanced at the clock and said, "Yep, definitely Potions." James didn't answer me, just kept pulling me through the hallways. "Prooongsie, where are we going?" I said in a sing song voice, making James roll his eyes at me. "You know, the longer we're gone, the less time you have to spend with Evans."

"Shut up, Padfoot, you'll see where we're going when we get there. And her name is Lily," he pointed out, to which I reacted to dramactically. Hey, what can I say, I'm just that awesome.

"Noooooo Prongs! You've gone to the dark side!"

He gave me a strange look and retorted, "Oh, and you haven't? You're the one who always goes on about how, and I quote, 'amazingly, totally, awesomely cool' Cory is."

I shrugged in response, "Well, it's true. If she would have started hanging out with us earlier, I might have considered dating her."

James snorted and tugged me into the common room and forced me into a chair. "So..do you, or do you not like Courtney Daniels?" he questioned, studying me.

"Um...no offense Prongs, but you're really starting to creep me out. What with the whole eyeballing thing you've got goin' on there."

"Just answer the question."

"Truthfully or..um..lyingly?" I finished lamely. "God dammit, I don't know the word that's the opposite of truthfully."

"Truthfully, Sirius."

"Fine, I do like her, but she doesn't like me back. I know that for sure." There you have it. I'd finally admitted it to myself and my best friend that I liked Courtney. And...it felt good saying it out loud, if that's not too weird.

James smirked and said, "I knew it this whole time."

"Why do you even care?"

"Because...nevermind, I'm not supposed to tell you," he muttered guiltily.

"Awwwww, Proooongsie. You can tell me, old buddy, old pal. I cross my heart that I won't tell a single soul," I promised, tracing an 'X' over my heart to prove my point.

"Alright...Lily wants to try and get you two together, but she needed to know if you liked her before she tried anything," James confessed, scuffing his foot sheepishly across the carpet.

"What?! You're trying to hook me up without my knowledge! Although, not a bad choice at all Prongsie, but still." I guess I was being a little overdramatic, but that's how I roll. "What did Lily say about Cory's feelings towards me?"

"She didn't, according to her, Cory never talks about stuff like that."

"Darn..guess we'll just have to find out for ourselves. Oh yeah, who's she taking to Sluggie's party?"

James shrugged, sinking down into an armchair. "I dunno, Lily never said. Although, I thought I overheard Cory talking about it this morning, but it wasn't very clear. It was these two other girls trying to convince her to take someone, I didn't catch his name.

Meanwhile...

Courtney P.O.V.

"Lily, this is ridiculous, we're supposed to be working on our potion, not talking about my messed up love life," I said exasperated. Lily had been badgering me all class period, trying to get me to tell her who I liked. Honestly, I didn't know. I thought I liked this one Ravenclaw who was always nice to me, but then again, I though it was possible I liked Sirius. But that would never happen. Sirius has never actually had a girlfriend, only dates where...things happened, he told me so himself. Sirius and a relationship was like trying to get Bellatrix Black to kiss a muggle born for free.

"Come on, Cor, just tell me and I swear I won't bug you about it for the rest  of the period."

"Okay, Lils. I honestly don't know who I like."

"Meaning you're conflicted?"

"Precisely. There's this one guy who's always been nice to me and he's pretty cute, but there's another who I've gotten to know a bit better."

"Let me guess..the second is Sirius," she said, smirking at me.

"Pshh, w-what, no," I said, though my voice faltered for a moment, giving me away. Her smirk, if possible grew even more smug making me curse under my breath. "Can we just drop it and get back to work?" Wow, never thought I'd hear myself say those words.

"Sure, Cory, sure. Just remember...Sirius likes girls with long hair." I blushed and bent over the parchment where we had written down our notes for the potion we were supposed to be making. "Hey...Cory...you should take the ponytail out of your hair," Lily whispered to me. "Surprise him when he sees you next. You know...a little bait."

I gave her a horrified look and whispered fiercely, "Lily! That's just wrong!"

"Oh, stop being such a wimp and do it already," she exclaimed softly, before tugging the black hairtye out of my hair.

"Ow, ow, ow, you're pulling my hair, you're pulling my hair," I mumbled, slapping her hands away and taking the hairtye out. "There, happy?"

"Very, though Sirius will be happier," Lily said grinning.

"You know what, I think I'm hanging around you too much, you're starting to act like me."

"Haha, very funny."

"You know it's true. That was hilarious."

"If you say so, Cor, if you say so."

As much as I hated to admit it, Lily was right. Sirius couldn't stop staring at me when he next saw us, which was right after Potions. Did I forget to mention I hardly ever wear my hair down? Well, that's why Lily told me all that stuff, but I only wore my hair up because I hated the way it looked down. I wasn't all that big a fan of my own reddish brown locks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There ya go, hope you enjoyed it. I personally loved James' little 'victory dance' when Lily told him yes. I showed it to my lil' sister and she cracked up laughing, even though she has never read the Harry Potter series. Sad right? Haha, anyways, see yall later!

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN!!!