Part 25

My heart pumps and I feel like throwing up.
I throw open the closet door. No sign of Kyla.
I desperately open the bathroom door.
She was nowhere to be seen. My heart pumps faster and faster. I race down the stairs and head out of the door.

Kyla P.O.V.

"I have to do this" I think to myself.
She needs to know.
I couldn't control myself, at this point I wasn't even controlling my body I didn't even know what I was doing.
I stepped back onto the familiar path and up the steps.
I gulp and raise up a hand to knock on the door.
I quietly knock and wait for a response.

My heart instantly drops. My mother opens the door.
I step back in case she is drunk and tries to snatch me up or something crazy like that.
She looks me up and down with her mouth wide open.
"Kyla.." she shakes her hand and puts her hand on her forehead.
"Kyla, what are you doing here. You the one that ran away I'm suprised to see that ya Lil bitch ass got the nerve to step on my property again." She spits in my face.
I grit my teeth and try to keep my patience.
Lord please forgive her.
"I came to tell you that I have a baby, her name is Jade. I thought that you should know that you have a grandchild but now I'm starting to regret telling you." I say sternly.

She gives me a discusted look.
"Honey, I don't care about you and your pathetic baby. I'm sure she's going to grow up to be a hoe just like you."
Her breath smelled strongly of whiskey and her hair was all over her head.
I knew she was drunk. I should have known.
"I love you, momma just know that. I know that you're drunk right now but just remember that because I probably won't see you again for a very long time."
"Whatever, bye." She slams the door in my face and I feel my heart slam in my chest as well. I take a deep breath and turn around, a tear rolls down my cheek.
I wipe it away and get into the car, speeding off. I knew I shouldn't have came here. I just knew it.

Shawn P.O.V.
I frantically speed down the highway. I don't know why, but I had this weird feeling that Kyla was hurt or needed me.
I snatched my phone out of my pocket and dialed her number.

It rung twice and hung up.
Her phone is off.

I pass the McDonald's that we first met and and decide to turn around and check if she was there.
I know it was stupid, but it was still a possibility she could be there.

I quickly pull up and park my car in the parking lot and get out.

I jog up to the door and open it.
I walk inside and look around.
My heart drops.
There was Kyla, sure enough, sitting down by herself eating ice cream.
I run up to her, shocked.

She looks up at me with tears running down her cheek.
A whole bunch of stuff was running through my mind about what to yell at her about. But I knew by the look on her face, I shouldn't say anything at all. She puts her head down and wipes a tear from her eyes.
Her expression tells me everything that happened.
I sit down beside her and kiss her cheek, and wrap her around me, ignoring the stares from everybody.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
When we walk outside hand in hand it was raining. Hard.
I hand her my jacket and we deside to walk in the park. She said she needed to get out and get some fresh air.
We walk through the park, still hand in hand under the gray, crying sky.
I hug her tighter and put her hood on her head.
"So, why did you do it?" I ask her softly.
She sniffles.
"I thought she should know that I have a child, but I guess I was wrong."

I nod and kiss her cheek.
"It's okay. Just know that I care and I'm here for you. That's all that matters. And I won't never let anything happen to you."

A small grin forms on her face and she kisses my cheek.

I look at my watch."You ready to head home?" I ask her.
She nods.
She skies have cleared up and it's now sunny.
I swear the weather can be bipolar at times.
We walk back to the car, she has to go in my other car because we came in different cars.
"I'll see you at the house. And don't run off no where." I let out a small chuckle. She grins and makes her way to my other car and gets inside, starting the engine.
I get inside of my car and pull out of the parking lot, and drive off in the direction of the house.
I let out a long sigh.

Today has been a tough day.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
I know this chapter is a bit short, but I just want to give a thank you to the readers once again.
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR READING. It means a whole bunch to me, it makes me really happy to come on Wattpad and see so many notifcations. It really brightens my day and makes me want to write.
Thank you guys.
And FYI I'm going to be making my chapters longer now, so don't worry.
And I'm going to be updating again today really soon.

Who's your favorite character?Why? Comment, I love to see your opinions. ♡

Comment here, also should I change the cover or do you guys like it? ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡