Part 10

We head into the petsmart store and look around.
There were alot of sections of pets and pet accessories, food, and other stuff.
Since Rya wanted a dog, we headed to the dog adoption section to look around.

"Aw." Rya points to all the cute dogs in the window kennel things.

We walk down the aisle looking at all the diffrent dogs until Rya stops dead in her tracks.
She walks up to the glass and gets on her knees. She's looking at a adorable mini poodle puppy.

"She's the one." Rya says dramatically.

Shawn goes over to see how much the dog costs and me and Rya watch it, mesmerized.
The dog chases its tail, its long curly hair shaking and bouncing. It stops to make sure we were still there and does a few tricks. It rolls over, begs, and then it licks the glass at us.

We giggle and fall in love with the dog.
Shawn comes back with a slip of paper. I stand up and look at it.
It said that the puppy cost $80 and that we could get it today. Shawn already paid for it so we can take it home.

A petsmart worker comes and gets the dog that Rya wants out of the cage and hands us a complimentary collar and leash.

"She is 2 years old, a miniature poodle, and her name is Cookie." The man says plainly to us before going back to his desk.

Rya holds the dog in her hands smiling as it licks her face.

"She's so cute!" She says inbetween a giggle.

When she finishes playing with the dog, we go to the food aisle to pick up food and a food bowl. After that, we stop by the dog clothes aisle and Rya picks out a cute pink shirt, collar, and leash for the dog.

Then, we go to the checkout to pay for the stuff and adoption fee for the dog.

After all of that, we head home with a happy Rya playing with Cookie in the backseat.

"That was nice of you to pay for Rya to get a dog. You're a good brother." I say to Shawn, who's in the drivers seat.
"I try to make her happy at all times. Thats how my father told me to treat any girl for that matter." He says while glancing at me.
I nod.
"What happened to your dad anyways?" I ask him out of curiosity.
"Car crash." He says quietly.
I nod again, suddenly regretting that I even asked.

I widen my eyes because I just realize today is my 17th birthday. I cover my mouth and gasp, making Shawn look my way.

"What is it?" He looks at me worried.
"Today is my birthday." I say in shock that I almost forgot my own birthday.
"For real? I didn't know today was your birthday. I do remember you saying you were 16 going on 17 though." He says.
I chuckle to my self realizing Im now 17.
"And Im taking you out tonight? I had no clue." He says with a grin.
"Happy birthday." He says, looking me in my eyes with a smile.
I laugh and look down, blushing.
Rya looks up at me, appreantly eavesdropping on our conversation.
"Happy Birtday!" she says while patting me.
"Thanks baddie." I turn around and give her a smile.

She smiles back at me and sit back in her seat again.
I turn back around thinking about what I should wear. I want to look nice after all.

We pull up the driveway to the house and we all get out. Rya carries the small dog in her arms and I get the bags we got from petsmart out of the trunk. We all walk into the house.
Ms. Momma was suprisingly not in the kitchen but in the living room reading a thick book.
"Hey babies!" She says to us while closing her book, standing up.
She looks at the dog with a smile.
"She's cute. What kind of dog is it?" She asks Rya.
"Pood." She replies.
She looks up at me and Shawn confused.
"Whats a pood?" She asks.
"A poodle." I respond.
She chuckles. "Now that makes sense."

"You can go to the backyard and play with your dog Rya." Ms. Momma says.

Me and Shawn go up the stairs together to go to his room.

"Should I starts getting ready?" I ask him.

"Yeah, go ahead. I have to call me boss anyways. I'll be in here sitting on the bed." Shawn says while pulling out his phone.

I grab some towels and drag my suitcase in the bathroom.
I lock the door and run the shower water. I get in and lather the new soap I bought all over my body.
¤
¤
¤
¤
¤
After my shower, I dry off and apply deodorant. Okay, now I just have to decide what to wear. I think i have an outfit or two in this suitcase. I empty out all the clothes and look through them.
¤
¤
¤
After about 10 minutes of searching, I pulled out a cute outfit.

I put on the whole outfit.
After that, I pulled out my makeup kit and started to fix my face up. I decided to go with this makeup look:

I spray some curl defining spritz in my hair and finger comb it into my hair.
My hair was bouncy and extra curly- just how I like it.

After I finish all of that, I put up my hair and beauty supplies and clean up a bit.
I brush my teeth and leave the bathroom.

Shawn was sutting on the bed watching tv.
"What took you so long?" He says with a chuckle, while standing up.
"Beauty takes time." I say with a giggle.
He shakes his head while grinning. "Whatever. You look gorgeous, so it doesn't matter." He grabs his clothes and towels and goes into the bathroom to get ready. I smile and blush.

It should only take him about 15-20 minutes so I'll just go downstairs and wait.

"Hey Ms. Momma. Hey Rya." I say while enetering the living room, where they were sitting on the couch.
Rya was playing with Cookie and Ms. Momma was reading a recipe book.

"Hey baby. You look beautiful." She says while looking up from her book.
Rya acknowledges that I sat on the couch and looks up as well.
"You look pretty Auntie Kyla." She says while giving me a hug.
"Thanks baddie." I say while giggling.
She's so bad, but I love her tho.

I sit her in my lap and let her play with my phone, Cookie laying on her stomach watching the tv curiously.
Ms. Momma sighs and closes her book, sliding it onto the coffee table.
"I wonder what I should cook next." She says before standing up and going to the kitchen with yet another long sigh.
"You need to get out." I say looking at her with a chuckle.
She grins.
"Girl its way too much to take care of around here."
I nod. She was always a busy woman, she never stayed in one spot for too long.

"Rya, you gone behave while me and your brother are gone.. right?" I say while turning her to face me.
"Yes." She says with a grin.
I smile and tickle her.

"Im ready." Shawn enters the living room.
I open my mouth and then close it. He looked damn fine.
His hair was curly, like mine and he had on a black and white suit with a watch.
"You look handsome." I say while standing up, smiling.
"You sure do." Ms. Momma says while walking over to us. She kisses both of our cheeks.
"Now yall be careful out there." She says before returning to the kitchen.
Me and Shawn wave goodbye to Rya and Shawn and he opens the door for me to leave.

How did you guys like this chapter?

Thanks so much for reading, I update as much as I can, and hope to make more than just 27 parts.
Stick around! ♡♡♡