Part 17

I jog back home realizing that I was awaiting a phone call from the resteraunt to let me know if I got the job or not.
¤
¤
¤
¤
I knock on the front door of the house.
Shawn unlocks the door and opens it. When he sees me he smiles and gives me a hug. He gives me a kiss on the head. "Hey bae. How was school?" He asks while taking my backpack while I walk into the house. He comes in and closes the door.
"It was good." I say while plopping down on the couch by Rya, who was sleeping peacefully on the arm of the couch.
"Thats whats up. Have you heard back from the resteraunt yet?" He asks while sitting beside me.
I rest my head on his shoulder.
"Nope. But I have my phone on me just in case." I reply.
I reach for the remote.
I change the channel to The Steve Harvey Show.
I place the remote back down and sigh.
Shawn kisses my neck.
"Whats wrong baby?" He asks with worried tone in his voice.
"Nothing. Just tired. Where's Mrs. Momma?" I ask him noticing that Mrs. Momma wasn't in the kitchen cooking.
"She went out to go grocery shopping." He says while watching the tv.
I nod and sit my head up.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I quickly pull in out.

1 New Text Message From Jennifer. Slide to open.

I ease my shoulders and unlock my phone. I really thought that was the resteraunt calling me.

Jennifer: Hey girl wyd?

Me: Nothing much. Just waiting on a call from a job I applied for.

Jennifer: O. Im going to Applebees Saturday, wanna come with?

Me: Sure.

Jennifer: I'll text you with more details tommrow. Ttyl! Gotta go check on my baby sister.

Me: Bye girl.

I slide my phone back into my pocket. She's a pretty good friend so far. I guess Im a little insecure about what happened to my last friendship.
Shawn wraps his arm around me and snuggles me closer to him.
I kiss his cheek and turn my attention to the tv.

Pretty soon, my eyes start getting heavy, and I fall asleep.
¤
¤
¤
¤
¤
*bzz bzz*
I quickly jolted from my sleep and pulled my vibrating phone out of my pocket. Its a unknown number, but I press answer and hold the phone to my ear.

"Hello, this is Checkers, we are calling about your application. Is this Kyla?"

"This is she."

"We had our manager read your application, and she says that you're hired. If you could come before we close at eight, that would be great. We just need to give you more information and your uniform."

"Okay, thank you. I'll be there soon."

"Yes, ma'am, I'll let my boss know."

I hang up my phone an slide it back into my pocket.
I let out a relieved sigh. At least I have a job now, I may not be getting paid very much but at least I will have something.

Shawn and Rya were suprisingly no longer sitting on the couch beside me, so I assumed they were upstairs.
I get up and look around. I assumed Mrs. Momma wasn't either because she wasn't in the kitchen putting groceries up.

I head upstairs to make sure Shawn and Rya are home.
I peek inside Rya's small, pink room. She was sleeping in her small bed by the window. I crack her door and head down the hall to Shawn's room. I open his door to see him relaxing on the bed watching tv.
I sit down next to him.
"'Bout time you wake up! Almost had a nigga thinking you were in a coma or sum'." He chuckles.
"Boy you crazy." I laugh.
Then I realize what I actually came in here to tell him.
"Oh! bae I got the job!" I squel.
"Thats great," He gives me a kiss on the cheek. "When do you start?"
"I have to go up there to get the rest of the information. You coming?" I say while getting up.
"Of course. Go start up the car and I'll go get Rya up."
I nod and leave his room.
I walk down the stairs to be greeted my Cookie. She licks my feet and my legs. I give her a pat on her head and get the keys to the car. I proceed out of the door making sure that Cookie cant escape.

I unlock the door to the passenger side and get in, starting up the car. I close the door and pull out my phone to play a game.

Pretty soon, I see Shawn coming out of the house with Rya's hand in his. He locks the door, and then heads toward the car. He opens the door for Rya to get in the backseat. He closes the door back.

Shawn gets in the front seat and closes the door.
He turns to Rya who was still half-asleep.
"Make sure you buckle up." He says before turning backing the car out of the driveway.
Once we're on the road, he turns back around and drives off in the direction of Checkers.

I turn back to Rya, she looked irritated.
"You okay, baddie?" I ask.
"My tummy hurts." She says with a groan.
I furrow my brows."Are you hungry?"
"I guess." She lets out another small groan.
Her stomach starts grumbling.
"I'll order you somthing when we get to Checkers, we almost there. Okay?"
She simply nods and holds her stomach.
I turn to Shawn.
"Whats wrong with Rya?" He asks while shifting his view from me and the road ahead.
"I think she's hungry." I reply.
He nods.
¤
¤
¤
¤
We pull up to the familiar place called Checkers and get out of the car. Shawn gets Rya out and we head inside.

There weren't many people here. They were basically just finishing up their plates.
I head to the booth where you order.
I turn to Shawn.
"Can you order Rya some food? I'll be back soon."
"Okay." He grabs Rya's hand and stands behind me in line.
The lady looks at me, awaiting for me to speak.
"I'm Kyla, I'm the new employee. They told me to drop by to get more information and my uniform.
She nods. "Okay go the door in the back that says 'Employees Only' and speak to Mrs. Hayes."
I nod and head to where she directed me.
I make my way to the door and open it.
Inside, there were other employees and an office.
I assume Mrs. Hayes was in that office so I walk to it.
Other eyes follow me as I walk towards the office.
I ignore them and knock on the door.

An older lady about my height with glasses smiles at me.

"Come on in, dearie."

I give her a meek smile and step into her office.

¤
¤
¤
¤
¤
Thanks for reading!
I will update soon.
Love you guyz!