Part 18

The lady reaches out to shake my hand.
"My name is Mrs. Hayes. You're welcome to have a seat." She says, still grinning.
I nod and have a seat.
"My name is Kyla Deen. Nice to meet you ma'am." I smile back at her.
I was a little nervous, but its good to have a presentable first impression. Thats what my momma always told me before she turned into an addict.

"Okay, so I've read over your application, and I'm sure you've gotten a call about you being accepted. Correct?" She asks while studying my application again.
"Yes, ma'am." I reply.
She nods.
"Great." She turns to her side and pulls a folder out along with a small pamplet.
"Excuse me, I'll be right back, let me grab your uniform." She stands up and walks over to a miniature closet, opening the door.
She rummages through the shelves and finally pulls out a shirt and pants.

Mrs. Hayes comes back to the desk and places the uniform, pamplet, and folder in front of me.

"I brought you a uniform that fits you, its a one size. Also, these papers will provide you with all the questions you may have and more. I don't really need to explain anything because its all in here," She taps on the items she handed me a few times. "Just take a few hours to look over this and you'll be fully prepared. Also, your schedule is on the back of your folder. Dont hesitate to call us if you have questions."
I nod, taking it all in.
"I'm pretty sure you start Tuesday, there will be someone here to train you and everything. Just tell them your first and last name."
I nod again. "Thank you, ma'am."
"No, thank you. Have a great day Ms. Deen I look forward to seeing you again."
I smile and quickly stand up from my chair, shaking hands with her. I grab the things she laid out for me and head out of her office.

I leave the room that was now empty of employees and head back into the resteraunt.

I see Shawn and Rya sitting down at a table near the front waiting for me.
I walk towards them while holding my stuff tightly so I don't drop it.

"Hey Shawn, I'm ready." I say as I approach them.
He looks up.
"Okay, lets go then. How did it go?" He asks while standing up.
"It was pretty good." I say with a soft smile.
"Here let me take some of that." He says while taking my things that were in my arms.
I grab Rya's hand and we walk out of the resteraunt with Shawn walking behind us.

"How are you feeling now?" I ask Rya, who was quietly playing with her seatbelt strap.
"I feel better, so much better! Thank you Auntie Kyla for taking all the ouchies awayyyy!!!" She sings the Doc McStuffins theme song with a giggle. Me and Shawn look at each other and chuckle.
I turn back to Kyla.
"You are too bad. You know that Rya?"

"So when do you start?" Shawn asks while stopping at a red light.

"Mrs. Hayes, my boss, said Tuesday. But Im going to read my schedule later to find out what time."

He nods his head.
"Aight. But just make sure you know that just because you getting a job don't mean you don't expect me to spoil you anymore."  He says with a light chuckle.
He is too cute.
"Okay. I'll keep that in mind."
His expression suddenly turns serious.
"How are we gonna tell my momma? I hope she won't be mad or nun'." He says quietly, making sure Rya cant hear.
"Dont worry. She probably will be accepting. We can tell her tomorrow morning." I whisper.
Shawn nods. "Okay."

We pull up to the house and everyone gets out of the car and heads into the house.

Rya runs to Cookie once we're in the house. Mrs. Momma makes her way down the stairs with her cooking apron on to greet us.
"Hey Mrs. Momma." I say while coming up to give her a hug.
"Hey baby, where did y'all go?" She asks while hugging me back. I pull away from the hug and smile. "I had like an interview for the resteraunt I applied for, and they hired me."
She looks shocked. "Well, Hun that's great news!! I'm so excited for you. When do you start?" She asks.
"Tuesday." I reply. Shawn sits on the couch next to Rya, who was calmly petting Cookie, her eyes attached to the tv screen.
"That's great! I'm so happy to see you being so responsible, you are such a great example for younger people such as Rya."

"Thanks, Mrs. Momma that's means a lot to me." I smile at her. She can really make you feel good about yourself, I guess that's where Shawn got that from, his mother. They both can give you good words of encouragement like no one else.
"Well, I'm gonna get to cooking, y'all just sit tight." She says before heading to the kitchen.
I head over to the couch and sit next the Shawn.
He puts his hand in mine and smiles. I smile back and scoot closer to him. Rya yawns and lays her head on my lap.
I smile down at her and smooth out the small curls in her hair.

"Kyla, when will the food be done, I'm starved to death." Rya groans while holding her stomach.
"Soon, just be patient. Mrs. Momma is cooking up something good." I reply, trying to keep her from whining.
She groans again. "Okay."

Pretty soon the food is done and we gather around the table to say our prayers. Mrs. Momma says the prayer, and we dog into our food. Our meal consisted of baked chicken, Mac and cheese, string beans, and an apple pie.
I quietly moan to myself as I munch up the delicious food. Mrs. Momma can cook, that's for sure.

We finish up our food and I take the last sips of my water, before standing up to throw my plates away.
Rya guides Cookie to the living room.

Shawn cleans the table with a warm, soapy towel. I sweep up around the floor around the table, so that Mrs. Momma can get some rest. She's always up on her feet trying to provide for her. Sweet lady.

Me and Shawn go up the stairs to his bedroom, I'm guessing because he wants to talk to me.

We make our way inside and he closes the door as I sit on his bed. He sits next to me.
"Everything okay?" He asks me, probably noticing I've been a bit quiet lately. I hardly noticed it myself with everything going on.
"I don't know. I just feel empty.. There's like a emptiness in me that I just can't explain." I sigh.
He looks at me with those big, worried eyes. "Is it me, did I do something wrong? Am I not paying you enough attention? What is it?"
I quickly shake my head, regretting that I said anything. "No babe, it's not you. It's just that I feel empty, like a part of me is missing, you wouldn't understand," I put face into my hands and shake my head.
"You are doing everything right, it's just that.... I don't know.. I can't explain." I sniffle as a tear rolls down my eye. I can't control these feelings anymore, I don't know what's wrong with me honestly. I'm just a mess.

Shawn stares at me blankly. "......you miss your momma." He says quietly.
I look shocked, and then my expression softens, realizing it was actually true.
I mean, she is pretty terrible now, I just miss the old her. I wish we could all be a happy family and she would be there for me and my child. She doesn't even know I'm having one.
".....yeah. As much as I hate to admit it, you're right. I miss how we could talk freely and bond together. We used to be able to talk to each other and communicate. Now we don't. She made me feel like it's all my fault, and I feel terrible about myself for actually missing her." I wipe my tears with my hand and dig my face deeper into my hands, my cheeks warm with tears.
Shawn puts his hand on my back and rubs it. "It's okay. I know how you feel, and it's not a nice feeling. I'm sorry you had to go through this. I will always be here for you no matter what. I love you."
I smile and wipe my face, looking at him in the eyes. His eyes were sparkling, like he was about to cry.
He leans in to kiss my lips, and at that moment, I felt alive. I felt joy. I felt love. I felt accepted.

It was like an electric surge going between us, and I enjoyed it. Our kiss was magical, we've never had one so...so compassionate. It was the kind of kiss that could last forever.

He pulls back slowly and smiles at me once more, with those deep dimples of his. I smile and look down and my feet. He sits my head up with his hand and kisses me one last time.
I grin and kiss him back.

"I love you, Shawn."

Thank you soooo much for reading guys, I remember when I had like 5 views, and now I almost have 1,000!!!!!! What?!?!! Thank you thank you thank you!!
Please continue reading and stay tuned for more updates.

Bye beauties!!! 😘