Part 14

"....Pregnant!" The doctor finally says. My eyes go wide and me and Shawn both sit up in our chairs/bed.

"What!?" I say loudly. Half of me was a little bit excited at the thought of having my own baby but the other half was worried.
"But Im too young!" I say in distress.
Shawn gets up to give me a much needed comforting hug.
"You could choose to keep it or you know..." The doctor reminds me. She then leaves the room to give me and Shawn some private time.
A tear rolls down my face as I picture myself as a mother.
"I dont know if I can do this, I dont know if im ready.." I tell Shawn.
Shawn kisses my cheek.
"I know its a tough decision, but I dont think getting an abortion would be a good path. You would pretty much be killing your own baby. No matter what you choose, I will be right here for you." Shawn assures me.
I take a deep breath and close my eyes.
How can this be happening? This is all too much. Am I ready?

I call the doctor back into the room.
"So have you decided?" She asks me while closing the door behind her.
"I think so." I say in a quiet tone.
"I want to keep it. A life is too precious just to be killed off. I wouldnt want to do that. I think Ill be okay with a baby."
She goes quiet for a second and nods. She turns to Shawn.
"What do you have to say about this?"
"Im in. I would love to be a father. I'd do whatever it takes for my Kyla to be happy." He says while wrapping me in his arms.
The doctor smiles at this and reaches in the counter for soemthing. She gives me some pills for pain and some other pamphlets and stuff like that.

We leave the hospital, me thinking about my future the whole ride home. It would be hard for me to go to school pregnant, but I think i can make it since Im almost done.

Its going to be kind of akward telling Ms. Momma the news, but I know she will probably take it okay.
Rya would probably happy to have a neice or nephew. The doctor told me to come back in two weeks to find out if its a boy or girl.

I sigh and get out of the car along with Shawn.
We walk up to the house and knock on the door. Ms. Momma opens it with a smile.
"Hey Ms. Momma." I say while I walk inside.
"Hey babies." She says before returning to whatever she was doing before.
"Ms. Momma... me and Shawn have some news." I say.
Shawn looks at Ms. Momma with a akward grin.
"Im pregnant." I finally spit out.
"Well Ill say!" She says with a gasp. She puts her hand on her mouth and comes up to hug me and Shawn.
"Congratulations." She says to us both.
"Thanks." I say with a relieved smile.
"Ill let you guys have some time to talk this over." She says before giving me one last hug.
Me and Shawn go up the stairs to his room.
On the bed we find Rya, who was sneakily playing a R- Rated xbox zombie game. Shawn laughs and playfully tackles her. I laugh place my purse on the floor.
"Rya!" Shawn yells with a chuckle.
"Oops." Rya drops the xbox remote and speeds out of the room.
Shawn chuckles and sits on the bed, I do the same.

"I think Im going to go job hunting tomorrow after school, so I'll walk home. I'll need some money to help support this baby." I say to him quietly.
He sighs. "You know I got you."
I roll my eyes and force a smile. "I know but I dont want to depend on other peoples money for the rest of my life, I want to be able to know how to support myself. And I think getting a job is a great start."
He nods. "Yeah, true. But dont ever feel like you cant come to me."
"I know."
He wraps his arm around my shoulder and kisses my cheek.
"What you thinking bout?" He asks me seeing my worried face.
"I dont know. Its just that I need to focus on college and my career plans, house plans, and all of this stuff and now I have a baby in the future Im going to have to think about. I dont know if I can do this baby. I really dont. I dont want to give up on you or this baby." I say as hot tears drip down my face and nose.
He kisses me again and wipes my tears with his thumb.
"Look at me," he tilts my chin up with his hand.
"You are a strong, beautiful woman, and there is nothing that can bring you down. I know you can do this, it just takes time and work. Ill be here for you no matter what." He says while looking me in the eyes.
I sniff and work up a smile. He always knows how to make me feel better about myself.
He wraps me into him to where im sitting on his lap and his chin is on my head.
We just stay like that with our eyes closed thinking about things.

After a while, we get tired and doze off hand in hand.

*morning time*

I wake up with a yawn and rub my eyes. I get up quietly and go to the bathroom to take my shower.
I have school today, great.
I hate half the people at my school and most of the rest are just weirdos that would probably shoot up the school.
I get in the shower and lather my body with a Victoria Secrets bath wash.

When I get out, I dry my self off and find some clothes to put on for today.
I decide to go simple for today and wear this:

As for my hair, I put it into two curly space buns and added a black sparkly headband

I apply some plain black mascara and some cherry chapstick and leave the bathroom. I grab my phone the was on the charger along with my galaxy backpack and earbuds.
I quietly close Shawns door and tip toe down the hall way to the stairs. The whole house was sleeping besides me so I would just be skipping breakfast today.
I open the front door and lock it back with my key.

It was really cold outside and the sun wasnt shining just yet. I quickly walk down the sidewalk that leads to my high school.
There were a few other students ahead of me walking too.

I jog ahead so that Im not tardy for my 1st period class, because she gets mad when Im late.

I speed down the path dodging the other people that were walking.